• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Happy 36th Birthday Smitty

RelaxImaPro

And what does Steve Smith do for his 36th birthday?  Dusts off an old tweet from a hater that he had saved...

Longtime Carolina Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. neither forgave nor forgot one particular insult thrown his way regarding his three-year deal with the Baltimore Ravens after the Panthers released him in March of last year.

A fella named Andy Parker of North Carolina dared to put down Smith, calling him washed up in a Tweet that included an image of an elderly man hunched over, supporting himself with a cane. The exact date of that shot at Smith is unclear, but the feisty wideout waited until May 12, his 36th birthday, to respond:

CEzh4p6WgAE19f7.jpg

Been waiting for the right time!!! @AndyParker__ even at 36 I would put you to sleep1f602.png1f602.png... u cookie dough. #agent89

rest of the story here: http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/baltimore-ravens-steve-smith-sr-washed-up-hater-051215

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbaTSji2dAc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4XeL8cLjrA

Steve-Smith.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMITTY

Who????

The guy that carried this team on his back for a decade and made this team watchable - and very entertaining.  The face of the franchise for an entire era.  The best player in this team's history.  One of the best wide receivers of all time.

#89 Steve fuging Smith.  That's who.

Don't know why Panther fans still have to do this childish poo.  We can show the man some respect, plus it's the offseason and it's his birthday accompanied along with a funny story.

The guy that carried this team on his back for a decade and made this team watchable - and very entertaining.  The face of the franchise for an entire era.  The best player in this team's history.  One of the best wide receivers of all time.

Don't know why Panther fans still have to do this childish poo.  We can show the man some respect, plus it's the offseason and it's his birthday accompanied along with a funny story.

I don't recall

I could maybe understand it if he wanted out... but he didn't. We forced him out. It's not his fault what happened, it is ours. I think it turned out to be best for both sides, but the guy is a living legend, one of the best that will ever play. Anyone saying they 'don't give a fug' is a fugging liar. I, for one, am not going to excommunicate our best player over something he didn't do.

Archived