• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Open WWE/NXT/Pro Wrestling thread

teeray

Lovely thread we've got here.

90s WWF is basically my Star Wars. Ask me about anything from 1991-2005 and I probably will have an answer or at least an opinion. Shawn Michaels was basically my childhood hero. I remember back before he was even the Heartbreak Kid and when he threw Jannetty through the window. Years later, after he got hurt and the attitude era began, I jumped on the Undertaker bandwagon. I went and rewatched all of his matches in the early 90s and became hooked. To this day I wish he'd just come out at Wrestlemania with the grey boots and grey gloves.

At the same time he was putting in his most brilliant and memorable performances over the summer of 98 and into 99 when he created the ministry. When he came back as the American bad ass, that was the beginning of the end for me. Now he comes out in a onesie singlet and wears fighting gloves. That's not a slight on him, I'm just saying the gimmickry used to be a lot better. Around 99 Triple H became my favorite the night he locked the Rock in the casket and smashed the poo out of it with a sledgehammer, and then that went on up until the mid 2000s, and at that point I started losing interest in it and by 2008 a couldn't watch it anymore.

In 2011 I started watching again after CM Punk made that famous speech at the end of raw, and I started tuning in more and more. Punk was a great overall guy to watch until he left, and now I've got to say Seth Rollins is the best to watch because he can do some amazing poo. Dean Ambrose is right up there too.

Some of my favorite matches of all time:

Shawn vs. Bret, Wrestlemania 12

Undertaker vs Hogan, Survivor Series 1991

Shawn vs Razor, Wrestlemania 10

Undertaker vs Shawn, Badd Blood 1997

Edge/Christian vs. The Hardyz vs. The Dudleys, Wrestlemania 2000

Triple H vs Mankind, Royal Rumble 2000

The entire Royal Rumble 2000 match

Frash, what did you think of the Undertaker/Michaels matches at Wrestlemania a few years ago?

This thread inspired me to turn on The Network tonight and watch some classics. Triple H/Mankind from Summerslam 97 in the cage is just fantastic. The crowd chanting "Superfly" right before Foley takes flight...dem feels.

Frash, what did you think of the Undertaker/Michaels matches at Wrestlemania a few years ago?

This thread inspired me to turn on The Network tonight and watch some classics. Triple H/Mankind from Summerslam 97 in the cage is just fantastic. The crowd chanting "Superfly" right before Foley takes flight...dem feels.

Any time Taker and Shawn were in the ring, you were going to see some amazing poo. Both guys know ring psychology, they were both athletically gifted, and their styles were so complementary to each other. I'm surprised it took as long as it did for them to have a program. Shawn and Taker didn't fight against one another at all until late 1997 (unless you want to count that one tag match before Wrestlemania 12 where Shawn and Diesel took on Taker and Bret.)

I wanted Shawn to break the streak but I knew it wasn't going to happen. I was surprised that they did it with Brock, and now they have to make him virtually indestructible to justify it.

Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose are my favorite wrestlers right now by a large margin.

Seth Rollins in the ring reminds me so much of Shawn Michaels. Nobody bumps and sells better than Rollins. Like Michaels I don't think he is capable of having a bad match. His match range is good to amazing.

Dean is just my boy. I love anti-hero type characters. I think he is just a unique character and love the IDGAF lunatic fringe mentality. He could be better in the ring, but in ring ability isn't as important as the psychology and charisma.

I also like the character of Bray Wyatt but they have booked him like poo since his program with Cena.

Paige is my favorite diva on main roster. The divas in NXT though are awesome (Lynch, Bayley, Charlotte, and The Boss). Too bad they will get ignored once they make it to the main roster

I'm stoked for when Balor finally goes to the main roster.

Me too but they need to do some fleshing out of his character. He is also not very good on the mic right now.

The demon aspect of his character is very intriguing. And I like the idea of it not coming out very often, but I would like them to better define the demon, and why he doesn't just be the demon every match.

Maybe make him like Bruce Banner and even he himself fears his inner demon, but sometimes can't prevent it from coming out in important matches. I don't know that might be silly, but it has potential and juat needs to be better fleshed out.

Also, I love his entrance, but if the dude crawls to the ring at a Wrestlemania it is going to take him 45 minutes just to get to the ring. So they need to figure out some logistics of his entrance for big main roster events.

But I am excited about Balor. He has a unique offense in the ring and a cool character. Just need to clean up the edges, better define his character, and improve his promo skills.

I think he is introducing a new body paint at Takeover Unstoppable so that will probably be awesome.

Archived