• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In twenty years, what's your favorite win to date?

Steve Beuerlein's very improbable 5 YD Qb sneak with time expiring to beat the Packers back in 99 is very memorable. Gave Favre his first ever December loss at Lambeau.

For those those that don't remember him,  if Beuerlein, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady lined up for a 40 yard dash, Beuerlein would probably win by the slightest of margins but no one would live long enough to see the end of the race.  

Rams. X-Clown. I had at least 3 heart attacks during that game. The incredible joy. excitement and relief I felt as Smitty was sprinting to the endzone hasn't been topped yet by any other Panther's game.

2003 Tampa Bay game, we'd won the week before, but this was the game where the Cardiac Cats were born and Jake Delhomme showed he could pick a team up and bring them back from the brink of defeat. Last minute blocked extra point, a team digging in and beating a division rival. You could just feel something magical happening.

That was just an incredible year: 11-5 regular season record, 5 overtime games (one double overtime in the playoffs), Super Bowl ... it was the Bad News Bears making it to the World Series. Magical year even if we walked away without the Lombardi trophy.

Yes almost forgot about that game. Tampa was coming off their Super Bowl run and came running out on the field with world champions flags before the game. We dominated all game but couldn't get the ball in the end zone, late in the 4th quarter it was 9-3. Tampa had one last chance to score a TD and win the game and did. All hope seemed lost when they scored but we blocked (I am not sure but I think it was peppers) the extra point to force overtime. The good guys won in OT. 

The game before that was the Jacksonville game which was great to. We were down 17-3 to Jacksonville and Jake took over for Rodney Peete, lead the comeback, and never looked back. 

So many awesome moments. God I love being a panthers fan. 

Yes almost forgot about that game. Tampa was coming off their Super Bowl run and came running out on the field with world champions flags before the game. We dominated all game but couldn't get the ball in the end zone, late in the 4th quarter it was 9-3. Tampa had one last chance to score a TD and win the game and did. All hope seemed lost when they scored but we blocked (I am not sure but I think it was peppers) the extra point to force overtime. The good guys won in OT. 

The game before that was the Jacksonville game which was great to. We were down 17-3 to Jacksonville and Jake took over for Rodney Peete, lead the comeback, and never looked back. 

So many awesome moments. God I love being a panthers fan. 

Those two games almost swirl together to make one game in my memory. Such a year! That first game was something else. It started off so badly with Peete that I was just like, "Well, here we go again" with another lost season. Then Fox pulled Peete and sent Jake in.

I was like, "Del-what? Who's this guy? Some back-up from the Saints? Goodbye 2003, maybe next year..." Then this pretty non-descript Cajun dude with a bad haircut proceeded to show everyone that he might not have the pedigree, but that he sure had a helluva lot of fight in him. That game set the tone for the entire team and built a fanbase that started to believe it ain't over till that last second ticks away.

And on the next week's game, I believe it might have been Jenkins that blocked the extra point, though Peppers had some pivotal blocks during the year.

Coach Fox also cemented his reputation for taking teams off of the trash heap and getting them competitive again.

Hard to choose 1.  I loved getting to actually be in stadium for 2 wins last year (Including the Zona playoff game) after living in Louisiana my whole life, but the one that always just sticks out (aside from the obvious ones, Xclown, Cowboys, ect) is week 1 2008 when we scored with no time left to beat the Chargers.  For those who don't remember, Jake was coming off the infamous Tommy Jone surgery (his first game back), and Smitty was suspended due to breaking a defensive backs face.  So with the question marks we had going into the game, a win wasn't some sort of sure thing, but this jump started one of the best seasons in franchise history (unfortunately punctuated by one of the biggest dissapointments in franchise history.)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d80a9b15b/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Play-Delhomme-s-game-winner

The double overtime win over the Rams remains to this day the single greatest football game I have ever seen in over 40 years of watching football.

I doubt anything short of a Super Bowl victory could ever top that for me.

I'm not surprised at all that I find myself in total agreement with Scot's post. This game had everything ya could want in a game, including the incredibly tense over time, that ended with arguably the best offensive play in the history or the franchise.

Archived