• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wide Receiver Depth Chart - OTA Week 2

Jeremy Igo

oh and please for the love of all that is holy don't assume that i think brenton bersin is good or is some kind of neat "underdog story" or any drivel like that despite what i've been posting in this thread.

​I don't.  I don't think anyone thinks like that.  At least anyone that didn't graduate from Wofford.  

bersin represents everything a lot of very dumb users on this site hate about this organization

there aren't a lot of wide receivers in the NFL that are 4th or 5th on depth charts that absolutely smoke him.  his skillset and stats are pretty typical of his role.  oh but dur he wouldn't be in the NFL if it wasn't for al davis i mean jerry richard$on amirite

he's extremely cheap, can be cut with almost no loss (if any at all), and is a halfway competent possession receiver.  i'll never understand the out of control over the top butthurt over the fact that he has a roster spot.  as if having some other scrub at the bottom of the depth chart would make us a significantly better team.

​i just like to groan and call him brenson braxter

Edited by PhillyB

​I don't.  I don't think anyone thinks like that.  At least anyone that didn't graduate from Wofford.  

​Can we please let that go. Just this past seaons training camp he showed he was a reliable target, also in games during the season where he made clutch third down conversions.  Maybe the first year that was the reason, but last year? no he was just straight up better than the other wrs we brought up into camp.

I honestly can't quite get my hands around the Hill love and the Bersin hate.

Huge 3rd down, in a big game....who do you want trying to convert?  The guy who can't catch, or the guy who makes tough possession type catches?

Neither.
  • Pie 1

​Why do people think bersin is terrible? yeah at punt/kickoff return he is god awful. But at wr he got us plenty of first downs on third down. He isn't fast but he catches nearly everything thrown his way and cam seems content with him,

​he fell down when he was the number 1 target on a slant route which resulted in cams pick 6 .    dropped  a easy pass and resulted in a into vs aints , got pressed on the line by garbage tharold simon multiple times . bersin is horrible 

• Pie 2

​he fell down when he was the number 1 target on a slant route which resulted in cams pick 6 .    dropped  a easy pass and resulted in a into vs aints , got pressed on the line by garbage tharold simon multiple times . bersin is horrible 

How the hell do you blame someone that isn't even the target of a pass for an interception? Maybe blame the quarterback that telegraphed the throw and was late with the ball. That pass against the Saints was late which caused Bersin to start moving again from where he had originally settled in the zone and was thrown to where he had been and not where he was. 

Bersen is worth a 4-5 spot , he has decent hands and cam was comfortable with him last year. But if we are going to to take the next step we need some real speed, even if it costs us some drop passes. I think we are done with just making first downs now...

The burners start to fill up the 4-5 slots if not for anything else but to open up the field for the big guys but at a price-occasional bad routes and dropped passes. But then, it's easier to catch the ball if they have out run the D...

I think some of ya'll over-exaggerate the drops. Ted Ginn was considered a ''dropper'' yet many grew to love him as a play-maker, and he was a priority to re-sign but we didn't have the cap. 

The Jets ran Hill as their number 1/2 way before he was ready, then add in Sanchez as the QB and their west coast offense and you are not utilizing his best attribute. He may not be ideal on intermediate, and short routes, but with a QB who can lead him deep he has a chance to show out like GInn did when much wasn't expected of him, and his signing was not a fan favorite excluding his returner skill set. 

We've seen Bersin's best for the most part, we've yet to see Hill's, give it time, and let the pads sort it out. 

​Why do people think bersin is terrible? yeah at punt/kickoff return he is god awful. But at wr he got us plenty of first downs on third down. He isn't fast but he catches nearly everything thrown his way and cam seems content with him,

​He's slow. He doesn't get seperation. He doesn't play ST. There are other guys on the roster that are faster and can play other positions on ST. 

• Pie 4

Because hes not exciting, hes not a deep threat and gets 0 yards after the catch
  • Pie 1