• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wide Receiver Depth Chart - OTA Week 2

Jeremy Igo

i like the list.

i can see us going with just 5 on the 53 man roster and your top 5 being them.

they just have to decide whether having a vet WR presence on the roster is worth losing one of the top 5 WRs or someone else on the roster. i know they can learn a lot from cotchery being on the field, but i think they'd learn enough as they go.

a dramatically improved corey brown at WR3? i love it, especially with KB and the funch starting outside. if oher is worth half a damn this is going to be a fun year.

​yeah, i love the idea of that trio. they could be lethal.

​yeah, i love the idea of that trio. they could be lethal.

​lots of things you can do with it, if your OC doesn't draw up plays like he has brain damage. all three could switch positions on the field... brown at WR1 on deep routes and KB as the flanker coming across the field with funch leaking outside as the hot receiver, as a general design, sounds fuging deadly, and that's not even accounting for olsen.

for the first time since probably 2005, teams are going to pay for leaving any one guy single-covered.

• Pie 4

I'm new to this Following OTA and Training Camp Stuff. But how many weeks left of OTA? If training camp is in July. Do they get a week or 2 break from OTA until they go to Training Camp?

​One more week of OTA

The couple weeks of summer school. 

Then a few weeks of nothing until July 31. 

• Pie 1

If Brenton Bersin's sorry ass is number 4 on our depth chart entering the season, many people will be quite disappointed.  

​Why do people think bersin is terrible? yeah at punt/kickoff return he is god awful. But at wr he got us plenty of first downs on third down. He isn't fast but he catches nearly everything thrown his way and cam seems content with him,

• Pie 5

​Why do people think bersin is terrible? yeah at punt/kickoff return he is god awful. But at wr he got us plenty of first downs on third down. He isn't fast but he catches nearly everything thrown his way and cam seems content with him,

​He can catch, but we need speed even the whole coaching staff has said this.  We got enough receivers that can "catch."   

• Pie 1

​He can catch, but we need speed even the whole coaching staff has said this.  We got enough receivers that can "catch."   

​They also need an over the middle possession guy. 

Brown/Ginn are the speed additions that were missing during the early part of the season last year. The Panthers don't need every guy to be small and speedy, just a couple. 

Bersin is a big dude with as good of hands as anyone on the team at next to zero cost. Plus, Cam loves throwing to him. Why would you want to cut a guy like that?

Edited by Jeremy Igo
  • Pie 7

No we have two possession recievers and that's Cotchery and Bersin, Speedsters are Corey Brown and Hill,  Tall down field are Kelvin and Funchess.  

sure some can fill more or less than what I listed.  But that's the general idea.  You want speed but not every WR on the field needs it.  You need good hands and height.  It's hard finding someone with all 3.