• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wide Receiver Depth Chart - OTA Week 2

Jeremy Igo

Top six doesn't surprise me. Though I wanted Hill over Cotchery. If Hill can't make plays then it suits him to sit back. BB was quality on third down. Just not happy with the punt reception but that's been taken care of it seems. I like the point about the growth of a person in first couple of years in the league. Bersin seems like a player that could be one of those. Cotchery is Proehl's man crush. His words. Chemistry can make the whole corps better, so let him be in the top six.

And you base this opinion on what may I ask?

​Nobody wanted Cotchery outside of us and the Steelers who wanted him at less than 1 mill a year. Hill couldn't beat out a QB in the practice squad. Bersin and Philly are two UDFA with limited potential and even with them starting our offense still struggled last season.

I don't hate them I just don't they're really that good. Why do you ask? You think they're something special?

​Nobody wanted Cotchery outside of us and the Steelers who wanted him at less than 1 mill a year. Hill couldn't beat out a QB in the practice squad. Bersin and Philly are two UDFA with limited potential and even with them starting our offense still struggled last season.

I don't hate them I just don't they're really that good. Why do you ask? You think they're something special?

Yes.I think Brown can be. I think he has a higher ceiling than your willing to give him credit for. Bersin can contribute as a possession receiver. 

Im not sure what to think of Hill yet. To be fair, Hill wasn't competing for a rostet spot last season. The roster was set when he was signed. I think it's obvious that the Panthers had no intentions of using Hill at all ladt season. I'm willing to hold my opinion on him until after he has a full training camp and pre season  with us. 

Yes.I think Brown can be. I think he has a higher ceiling than your willing to give him credit for. Bersin can contribute as a possession receiver. 

Im not sure what to think of Hill yet. To be fair, Hill wasn't competing for a rostet spot last season. The roster was set when he was signed. I think it's obvious that the Panthers had no intentions of using Hill at all ladt season. I'm willing to hold my opinion on him until after he has a full training camp and pre season  with us. 

​Meh 5'10 180 pound whose more quick than fast at best he's Welker/Edelman, but those guys stayed healthy and played in a offense that's perfect for them. Bersin won't probably see the field next year (no injuries).

Hill couldn't beat out Webb last season and the QB from Appalachian State, IDC if the panthers had no intention, they also had no intention of Bersin and Philly starting, when your needed and cant beat out former QB's that's saying something.

Just cause these guys play for the panthers doesn't make them automatically good.

​Meh 5'10 180 pound whose more quick than fast at best he's Welker/Edelman, but those guys stayed healthy and played in a offense that's perfect for them. Bersin won't probably see the field next year (no injuries).

Hill couldn't beat out Webb last season and the QB from Appalachian State, IDC if the panthers had no intention, they also had no intention of Bersin and Philly starting, when your needed and cant beat out former QB's that's saying something.

Just cause these guys play for the panthers doesn't make them automatically good.

I'm not predicting what Hill might be one way or the other, but to say he couldn't beat out Webb is being a bit disingenuous,  Hill was never part of any competition, considering he had no time in OTAs, training camp, or pre season.

Some people act like Hill was competing week to week last year to try to make the 53 and get in a game. I've seen that idea repeated a lot, that he 'could never crack the lineup' last year.

That was never the intent. He was signed to the practice squad to learn and get his fundamentals sound and compete this year. He was never intended to play in 2014 nor was he in any way competing for a roster spot.

• Pie 1

Some people act like Hill was competing week to week last year to try to make the 53 and get in a game. I've seen that idea repeated a lot, that he 'could never crack the lineup' last year.

That was never the intent. He was signed to the practice squad to learn and get his fundamentals sound and compete this year. He was never intended to play in 2014 nor was he in any way competing for a roster spot.

Some people will say anything (truth be damned) to support or strengthen their narrative. 

The issue is that from college up until yesterday he has had consistant problems catching. 

Where did you get the narrative that keeping him on the PS was the plan all alon?  I don't doubt its possible but where did someone state it?

I'm not predicting what Hill might be one way or the other, but to say he couldn't beat out Webb is being a bit disingenuous,  Hill was never part of any competition, considering he had no time in OTAs, training camp, or pre season.

​DeAndre Presley was signed even later than Hill, wasn't a WR in college, didn't participate any off season and beat him out for a roster spot when needed.

I heard funny story about Hill, rumor has it the jets knew we has terrible 2 weeks into OTA, apparently the UDFA rookies were out performing in practice, jets kept him on the roster not to look like complete fools for drafting him.

​Why do people think bersin is terrible? yeah at punt/kickoff return he is god awful. But at wr he got us plenty of first downs on third down. He isn't fast but he catches nearly everything thrown his way and cam seems content with him,

​This is because he was not drafted and everyone wants to think he is a mandatory J.R. player. 

Truth is.  Bersin has worked his butt off over the past 3 years and has made himself a solid NFL receiver.

I am 110% happy with Jeremy's list as him being #4. 

I look forward to a solid preseason from Bersin and will not be surprised if he stays #4.

• Pie 1