• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Running Backs Review

Jeremy Igo

More inclined to think they'll carry 1 less O-Lineman (9 vs. 10) and 1 more RB (4 vs. 3) because of the emphasis mentioned about Special Teams. Fozzy and Todman both have that Special Teams value, so I think they'll both stay with Stewie and CAP. Still would have room for 2 FBs, so both Tolbert and Ward could make the final 53, especially if Tolbert is still playing Special Teams and if Ward has started to.

• Pie 3

I want the panthers to be one of the teams where our cuts go and make impacts on other teams. Cuts come along and I want other fans checking to see who we cut so they can vouch to sign them

my backs would be:

stew

Tolbert

payne

todman

i think ToddmN can be really good, and to be honest, i want his speed on Madden cause stew is 89 and tolbert is slower than LBs at 80 speed lol

• Pie 1

Tough call. Isn't there a trick where we can place someone on IR to protect them from getting plucked and reactive them 6 games in or something? That could buy us some time and insure against an actual injury...maybe.

Only once the season starts, and only one player can be designated to return.  Any roster moves for these guys during TC will be waivers.

If Ward is as good a lead blocker as some claim and can pick up the blitz, then he is a no brainer. When your oline is still a question mark, a tank in the backfield can make all the difference.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1

We all know Fozzy wont make the PS .. .Not after that screen pass in the Arizona Playoff game... I personally think he is a quality #2/3 if giving enough snaps. 

I say we keep 5

(HB)Stewart--Fozzy--Todman  (FB)Tolbert--Ward

let CAP go to PS and redshirt it for a year.. Reaves is the odd man out.

I loved the way Fozzy ran shoulder down full steam and decisive, when he had the opportunity last year. I think he is very good and should be on the team, along with of course Stewart and CAP. Todman is a wildcard for me and I have a feeling Ward is going to make enough impact to replace Brockel. That leaves Tolbert who will at least have the opportunity to play out his contract. He doesn't bring much to the FB position and to me isn't any better than Stewart or Cam in short yardage, maybe better with a true lead blocker but emotions aside, I think he could be left off.

Edited by Peppers90 NC