• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers lucky to have Proehl

Jeremy Igo

That's the one! I had season tickets and was at the game! It was magical, and was the catalyst for the great year to come!

​I do not think the importance of that play can be exaggerated.  Jake got instant credibility from his teammates.  Imagine if he missed on that pass--over his head or a pick---different season altogether.  I think that play that season ranks up there with "X-Clown" vs. the Rams--without the Jake-Proehl TD, I don't think there would ever be an "X-Clown" vs the Rams.  Some may disagree with that, a pointless argument since no one will ever know, but I believe in Momentum and confidence.

• Pie 1

Proehl was a white (he still is at the time of this post), undrafted, slowish, WR from a school not known for producing NFL talent. 

Who better to coach the roster from the bottom up? 

If you want to know how good Proehl is, reflect upon the players at the bottom of the roster--Bersin, Brown (last year) and Hill. 

2 were undrafted and one written off as a bust and cut by a bad team with no good WRs.  While all three may not make the roster, but I think 2 or 3 will. Quite a statement for RP. 

If you watch a practice, something I did recently, there is not a harder-working coach on the field.  The players seem to like and respect him.

• Pie 1

Proehl was a white (he still is at the time of this post), undrafted, slowish, WR from a school not known for producing NFL talent. 

Who better to coach the roster from the bottom up? 

If you want to know how good Proehl is, reflect upon the players at the bottom of the roster--Bersin, Brown (last year) and Hill. 

2 were undrafted and one written off as a bust and cut by a bad team with no good WRs.  While all three may not make the roster, but I think 2 or 3 will. Quite a statement for RP. 

If you watch a practice, something I did recently, there is not a harder-working coach on the field.  The players seem to like and respect him.

​Sorry, but Ricky was taken in the third round by the Cardinals in 1990.

Everything else is spot on, though.

I really like this guy and we are fortunate to have him as has been said.

It would be so cool to get him to the side and have some down to earth talks, He wouldn't be able to talk as free as I would want, but more info on his real thoughts on players, Does he really think Hill is going to make an impact or it's just not there, Who does he think should be the WRs,,,,,,, What was his scouting report on the potential draftees,,,,Stuff like that,