• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Mini Camp Notes - June 18

Jeremy Igo

Nice work.  Curious to know the reason for moving Remmers in and out at center.  I wonder if they think he could be an eventual Kalil replacement, if Williams steps up at RT.  Probably over thinking it though... 

​I think it's more can we make Brian Folkerts expendable and carry 9 OL opening a spot up elsewhere on the roster. 

LT-Oher, Martin

LG-Norwell, Silatolu

C-Kalil, Remmers

RG-Turner, Scott

RT-Remmers, Williams

Perhaps a 6th WR, DB, or a 7th LB vs the 6 we carried last year, or a spot strictly for a ST player, or UDFA we don't want to risk on PS. 

Edited by SetfreexX
  • Pie 4

• Josh Norman was very physical with Gamecocks rookie WR Damiere Byrd at the line, jamming him at the line. After the play, Josh would walk over to Byrd with encouragement, telling him what he did and how to counter it. 
  • Daryl Williams was the starting right tackle for most of the day. Mike Remmers spent time at center with the first and second unity. It is unclear if this is more than typical evaluation. 
  • Damiere Byrd is looking like a keeper, at least on the practice squad. His snaps have been increasing as some others have been decreasing. He is taking full advantage of them. 

​Three biggest highlights for me as others have said. Really love that bit about Norman helping the WR. I think Darryl Williams may start a preseason game or two at RT which could solidify a starting spot. Byrd should get a ton of show time in preseason since we know at least 2 guys will sit early and often in those preseason games.

here's hoping byrd continues to impress and finds his way as our last receiver on the depth chart.

hope he's like a john brown type of player. that would be insane.

​2QBs

3Hbs

2FBs

6WRs

3TEs

9OL

That's a total of 25 players for the offense, if we go 25 on defense, that leaves the 3 ST's spots K/P/LS. I'd like to see Byrd make it if he's been taking advantage of his opportunities.

5DEs

4DTs

6LBS

6DBs

4Ss = 25

​I think it's more can we make Brian Folkerts expendable and carry 9 OL opening a spot up elsewhere on the roster. 

LT-Oher, Martin

LG-Norwell, Silatolu

C-Kalil, Remmers

RG-Turner, Scott

RT-Remmers, Williams

Perhaps a 6th WR, DB, or a 7th LB vs the 6 we carried last year, or a spot strictly for a ST player, or UDFA we don't want to risk on PS. 

​Folkerts > Silatolu

he can play guard too.

• Pie 2

3Hbs

​If what you say were true, this would be a very hard part of the roster to figure out. With Igo saying Todman has looked good, the question of Stewart, Fozzy, Todman and CAP makes for a difficult choice. If one were placed on the PS they would surely get snatched by someone.