• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2015 Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

Now that the Carolina Panthers offseason workouts are complete, here is my projected roster lineup based on first hand observations and reps received. 

Offense - 26

Quarterback - 2
Cam Newton
Derek Anderson

Running Back - 4
Jonathan Stewart
Fozzy Whitaker
Cameron Artis-Payne
Jordan Todman

Fullback - 1
Mike Tolbert

Tight End - 3
Greg Olsen
Ed Dickson
Brandon Williams

Wide Receiver - 6
Kelvin Benjamin 
Devin Funchess
Corey Brown
Ted Ginn
Brenton Bersin
Jerricho Cotchery

Offensive Line - 10
Michael Oher
Andrew Norwell
Ryan Kalil
Trai Turner
Mike Remmers
Jonathan Martin
Daryl Williams
Amini Silatolu 
Brian Folkerts
Nate Chandler

Defense - 24

Defensive Line - 8
Charles Johnson
Star Lotulelei 
Kawaan Short
Frank Alexander
Kony Ealy
Colin Cole
Dwan Edwards
Mario Addison

Linebacker - 5
Thomas Davis
Luke Kuechly
Shaq Thompson
Adarius Glanton
David Mayo

Safety - 5
Roman Harper
Tre Boston
Kurt Coleman
Dean Marlowe
Colin Jones

Corners - 6
Josh Norman
Bene Benwikere
Charles Tillman
Melvin White
Carrington Byndom
Teddy Williams 

Special Teams - 3

Kicker - Graham Gano
Punter - Brad Nortman
Long Snapper - JJ Jansen 

Practice Squad - 10
Lee Ward
Garry Peters 
Damiere Byrd
Brandon Wegher 
Terry Redden
Martin Wallace
David Foucault
Rakim Cox
Marcus Lucas
Brian Blechen

Notes: 

• Panthers keep one less linebacker and one additional safety due to popularity of "Buffalo" package. Glanton currently higher on depth chart than Klein.
  • CB Teddy Williams retained mostly for Special Teams abilities. 
  • Joe Webb not retained due to Cam Newton's improved health and other special teams additions added in offseason. 
  • All draft picks on regular roster until Gettleman shows otherwise. 
  • Nate Chandler retained for backup RT/G role. Versatility gets him a jersey. 
  • Brian Folkerts / Chris Scott position up in the air with Remmers taking backup center snaps. Folkerts as the only listed backup center on roster gets the spot for now. 

This is, by far, the most difficult year to make cuts to the roster in recent memory. Talent level is up, good players have to be released due to the numbers. Other teams will be signing cut Panthers players. 

View full article

• Pie 6

i would personally hate to see joe webb lose a position on the team over cotchery. if we're down to our sixth receiver we're boned anyway, and he provides a useful special teams option and an emergency quarterback who fits our offensive scheme.

• Pie 6

i would personally hate to see joe webb lose a position on the team over cotchery. if we're down to our sixth receiver we're boned anyway, and he provides a useful special teams option and an emergency quarterback who fits our offensive scheme.

​Cotchery getting 1st team reps. I don't see Ron Rivera cutting him, he loves him some seasoned vets. 

​Yea I agree. Our 6th WR needs to be someone that plays special teams. I think Boykin and Bersin should be the 5th and 6th options. Hopefully Rivera can see through his own blinders and make the right decision. Cotchery has no place on this team. 

​Yea I agree. Our 6th WR needs to be someone that plays special teams. I think Boykin and Bersin should be the 5th and 6th options. Hopefully Rivera can see through his own blinders and make the right decision. Cotchery has no place on this team. 

​Boykin looked like the worst WR in the group in OTA's and Mini Camp. 

• Pie 1

i wouldn't mind cotchery's marginal production if he didn't do stuff like pull up short on routes in playoff games. young guys can learn from a slow but savvy vet, but imo he seems mistake-prone without any of the athletic ability or youth to make up for it.

• Pie 2

​Boykin looked like the worst WR in the group in OTA's and Mini Camp. 

​New team. Could be a learning curve. I mean, he almost had 700 yards when he was given more reps in Green Bay. He is a good tackler on special teams too. He's forced some fumbles and could be another Karl Hankton. And from your own reports, Hill seemed to be the worst one out there.

• Pie 1