• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 vs 2015 - Panthers Offensive Line

Jeremy Igo

Can't believe Garry is out of football. He wasn't great by any means but I never thought he was that bad. I mean.... Bell has a job, we still have Foucault...

Hard to convince a team to save you a roster spot when you haven't played a down in 3 years due to injury. 

At this time last year they had two question marks fighting for the LT spot with the loser getting the RT with no depth (other than an injury prone kid, that was still worse than Bell and Chandler, and a project). We had Amini and Scott at the guard spots with one failing to live up to his draft spot and the other a back up at best (well both are back ups at best).

Now they have a solid inside with depth and a RT spot with at worse Remmers who played well. The only question mark is the LT spot where even Bell looked almost average when the other four spots were locked down. If Oher can play as well as Bell they should be fine. If he plays better than Bell they could be scary good. This is the first year in a long time that they have options, depth, and continuity.

Starting to get over excited for the season...

It certainly looks better on paper.  I feel pretty confident in our interior, and Remmers is definitely an upgrade over Chandler.  I'm telling myself that Oher is an upgrade over Bell.  It seems he should be, but we won't know for sure until game time.  He definitely acts like he's very happy to be back with Matsko.

I wouldn't say above average, but I would say this is an average unit, and because of the talent at other positions, that's all we really need.  Last year though was not Average, not even below average, we might have had a historically bad O-line at points last year with only player who was drafted (Kalil).

It certainly looks better on paper.  I feel pretty confident in our interior, and Remmers is definitely an upgrade over Chandler.  I'm telling myself that Oher is an upgrade over Bell.  It seems he should be, but we won't know for sure until game time.  He definitely acts like he's very happy to be back with Matsko.

I think the backup, Martin, is an upgrade over Bell. 

• Pie 1