• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coming to terms with the Frank Kaminsky pick...

Jeremy Igo

He's heominated Okafor in the Championship and outplayed Anthony-Towns in the Elite 8. He's not gonna be a superstar but the dude can play ball, and he will be able to come in and play right away.

Yes he beat 2 freshman..  Lattner beat a freshman  Chris Webber...  How did that workout in the NBA??

Laettner happens a few years where he was an 18/8 guy, with a few assists. Long time starter in the league. If Frank can do that I'll be perfectly content.

If that happens..  But let's not use a senior playing well vs freshman a reason why it will.. 

Yes he beat 2 freshman..  Lattner beat a freshman  Chris Webber...  How did that workout in the NBA??

Duke beat Michigan, but Laettner didn't outplay Webber. Kaminsky freaking owned Okafor. The dude can play ball.

Duke beat Michigan, but Laettner didn't outplay Webber. Kaminsky freaking owned Okafor. The dude can play ball.

Laettner destroyed the Wolverine front line in that championship game..  Check your stats before posting..  Still doesn't change the point that Kaminsky was facing freshman..  Why don't you compare Kaminsky as a Freshman to Jah or Towns before trying to make a point... 

Oh another great example.. 

Cody looked great facing Anthony Davis in college..  How does that look now?? 

If that happens..  But let's not use a senior playing well vs freshman a reason why it will.. 

I read your comment as a slight against Laettner. Laettner was still a good player, so when you compared Frank's situation to Laettner's, you failed to slam Frank.

Sure, I would rather have Webber than Laettner; I would also take Oak or Towns over Frank, but we weren't in a situation to draft them were we?

All Frank did was go out there and beast every big he played against. Everyone knew they needed to stop him, but they couldn't. Sure Oak and Towns were freshmen, but they are both highly touted prospects, and Frank took care of them. 

Let's not forget that he had the foot speed and ability to win his matchup against WCS too...last time I checked, he wasn't a freshman, and he is projected as a premier post defender in the NBA.

Since we drafted Frank, I rewatched both the Kentucky and Duke games, and against quality NBA bigs, with length, Frank won with an arsenal of post moves, outside shooting, and quick cuts to the basket. 

He might not be a perennial all star, but he will be able to play in this league. High floor is what I see, and unlike Cody, Frank does not lack confidence and aggression. 

I read your comment as a slight against Laettner. Laettner was still a good player, so when you compared Frank's situation to Laettner's, you failed to slam Frank.

Sure, I would rather have Webber than Laettner; I would also take Oak or Towns over Frank, but we weren't in a situation to draft them were we?

All Frank did was go out there and beast every big he played against. Everyone knew they needed to stop him, but they couldn't. Sure Oak and Towns were freshmen, but they are both highly touted prospects, and Frank took care of them. 

Let's not forget that he had the foot speed and ability to win his matchup against WCS too...last time I checked, he wasn't a freshman, and he is projected as a premier post defender in the NBA.

Since we drafted Frank, I rewatched both the Kentucky and Duke games, and against quality NBA bigs, with length, Frank won with an arsenal of post moves, outside shooting, and quick cuts to the basket. 

He might not be a perennial all star, but he will be able to play in this league. High floor is what I see, and unlike Cody, Frank does not lack confidence and aggression. 

I actually think he has a chance to be an all-star player. I think his biggest weakness is on the rebounding and defensive end. If he can improve on this area of his game he has a chance to be a very special player. The only way this happens is if he adds strength. I'm not sure if he will be able to do it this season but in the future we might have a steal if he works hard. At least I'm hoping for him to be.

I actually think he has a chance to be an all-star player. I think his biggest weakness is on the rebounding and defensive end. If he can improve on this area of his game he has a chance to be a very special player. The only way this happens is if he adds strength. I'm not sure if he will be able to do it this season but in the future we might have a steal if he works hard. At least I'm hoping for him to be.

He averaged 8 boards and game and 2 blocks. He will be average at worst in that department. rebounding is a lot to do with hustle and toughness. Frank doesnt appear to be that soft or lazy. 

Franks problem is he needs to add some more weight and know how to use / anchor his body and not be backed down so easily. 

Frank seems to have a mean-streak and a no-holds-barred personality. Could be a cold-blooded unconsciionable killer. He looks like he's ready to go get his...Zeller and big Al are perfect compliments. Now, if only MKG can somehow become a dead-eye shooter (we see so many vets become better shooters as they age,) and Lance and Hairston can get over the weak parts of their games, this team looks a lot more like a playoff contender. Frank is kinda strange but he will never be confused as being "a nice guy." And we really need some grit on this team. I'm ok with the pick, I mean, at Justicd Winslow's best...his ceiling could also be really close to being like Lance.

Frank seems to have a mean-streak and a no-holds-barred personality. Could be a cold-blooded unconsciionable killer. He looks like he's ready to go get his...Zeller and big Al are perfect compliments. Now, if only MKG can somehow become a dead-eye shooter (we see so many vets become better shooters as they age,) and Lance and Hairston can get over the weak parts of their games, this team looks a lot more like a playoff contender. Frank is kinda strange but he will never be confused as being "a nice guy." And we really need some grit on this team. I'm ok with the pick, I mean, at Justicd Winslow's best...his ceiling could also be really close to being like Lance.

Wait....Have you even been keeping up with the team this offseason? Lance is gone. And Al Jefferson is a horrible compliment to Kaminsky because he has the same weaknesses. Winslow is not even a similar player to Lance either. 

Man, a couple of you in here are truly trying to make yourselves feel better. While Winslow needs to develop on his perimeter shooting and free throws, his ceiling is nowhere near Lance Stevenson. Justise is not even the same type of player. His game is similar to the Greens, Leonards, Iguodalas, and Butlers of the NBA.

Those guys are all like a foot taller than Winslow.

Man, a couple of you in here are truly trying to make yourselves feel better. While Winslow needs to develop on his perimeter shooting and free throws, his ceiling is nowhere near Lance Stevenson. Justise is not even the same type of player. His game is similar to the Greens, Leonards, Iguodalas, and Butlers of the NBA.

And we already have a player like that in MKG.  We simply think MKG is going to be a better player than Winslow and that's why we took Frank.  It's really that simple.  I was mad at first too but when you think about this logically, well it makes a lot of sense.  We need someone that can score when Al leaves after this season.  Frank is the most versatile scorer in this draft and will really open things up for MKG and Batum slashing to the hoop.

Archived