• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coming to terms with the Frank Kaminsky pick...

Jeremy Igo

Yes, I had a few beers last night. Yes, I was upset when the Hornets passed on Winslow only to have the Heat select him on the very next pick. (I loath the Heat). 

So now, it is the morning after and I have come to terms. I realize I would not have been upset about the pick without Winslow in the mix.

Here is how I am talking myself into liking the pick....

Bright Side

• I enjoy saying "frank the tank"
  • Kaminsky plays all phases of the game
  • Seems to have more fire in him than Zeller (desperately needed). 
  • Polished senior. Can play right away for the Hornets. 

If anyone has any other positive thoughts.... I am all ears .

BZe1EhNCAAAlPyf.jpg

I don't mind the Frank pick.  Guy played against tough competition, and played huge against Kentucky.  Frank isn't the greatest athlete in terms of combine numbers, but he's got great fluidity, hand-eye, and you can tell he's intelligent with the ball is in his hands.  He'll contribute more this year then Vonleh was going too.

Cho practically telegraphed this pick by the moves he made in the off season.  After getting Batum and Lamb there was no way we were drafting a SG.

I still don't feel any better about it. Cho and MJ fuged us again. Those two illiterate nutsacks couldn't find titties in a strip club and certainly can't find talent in the draft. MJ thinks he knows how to run an organization based on his own playing abilities. He's shown time and time again that he doesn't knot dick, and the only reason cho still has a job is because he pumps MJ's nuts and won't stand up to him. We were all thinking that guys would sign here to play for MJ. It was a good thought, but it isn't true. No one wants to play for a losing franchise that is a laughing stock and a doormat. Those two fuging idiots can't leave fast enough and will probably burn in hell.

I still don't feel any better about it. Cho and MJ fuged us again. Those two illiterate nutsacks couldn't find titties in a strip club and certainly can't find talent in the draft. MJ thinks he knows how to run an organization based on his own playing abilities. He's shown time and time again that he doesn't knot dick, and the only reason cho still has a job is because he pumps MJ's nuts and won't stand up to him. We were all thinking that guys would sign here to play for MJ. It was a good thought, but it isn't true. No one wants to play for a losing franchise that is a laughing stock and a doormat. Those two fuging idiots can't leave fast enough and will probably burn in hell.

Pretty harsh.

This time last year, we were all pumped up and singing Cho's praises.  It didn't work out, he's trying something different.  I personally think we're much better now then this time last year.  We've got a lot of depth and Batum should be good alongside Kemba.  If anything Frank can come in and allow us to phase out MW.

Pretty harsh.

This time last year, we were all pumped up and singing Cho's praises.  It didn't work out, he's trying something different.  I personally think we're much better now then this time last year.  We've got a lot of depth and Batum should be good alongside Kemba.  If anything Frank can come in and allow us to phase out MW.

Marvin will be able to play his actual position this year, which is SF. He's a great locker room guy and veteran presence and will be a solid backup SF. He's too small to play PF.

Bottom line is, there are no sure things in the NBA draft, well not most years.

Winslow might suck, Frank might be an all star in 3 seasons.

Just go back for the last 3 drafts and re read these same draft day threads.  People losing their minds because we didn't draft a certain guy.  And to this date, some of those guys have never made an impact.

You just never know whether or not Cho an MJ hit on this one or not.

Pretty harsh.

They fooled us all with the hype of becoming the Hornets again, but we are still an incompetent organization in most every facet. We have a below average team, a below average coach (average at very best), our GM's only talent is finding trade partners dumber than he is while still not translating his haul to more wins, and our owner likes to play basketball know it all while real franchises are making moves and drafting their way out of the basement or staying on top. We are in the basement and settling in for the long haul down there. This franchise is a joke.

After sleeping it off, I reminded myself that he actually isn't slow, he just isn't an explosive athlete, and honestly at 7'1", he doesn't need to jump 40" in the air.

His footwork is outstanding.

His prior point guard experience allows him to handle the ball in a unique way for a 7 footer. He can put the ball on the floor a take centers off the dribble and has court awareness to drive and kick. 

Not many big men can run off screens and hit jumpers...Frank can.

He lacks length, but I believe his mobility and footwork nullify any concerns there. He outperformed every "NBA" big he went up against. 

He won't be a great defender, but since Al is already the worst defensive big I have seen in my life, I'm sure I can deal with Frank. Just give me a guy that stays in position and gives effort. Frank will do that.

There is more, but I'm tired of typing on my phone.

Marvin will be able to play his actual position this year, which is SF. He's a great locker room guy and veteran presence and will be a solid backup SF. He's too small to play PF.

the only way MW sees the court this year will be due to cliffs preference for veterans. He shouldn't crack the rotation. 

I think I was initially butt hurt not over Winslow...but the fact that Mudiay was so close...just two picks before us. After some reports saying we were one of the teams looking to trade up for him, I really got my hopes up that he would be a Hornet. 

I think he is going to be a stud.

Archived