• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reddit is at DEFCON 2 right now

SOJA

Obviously the Huddle is my favorite website, however over the past few years a few particular subreddits have won my heart. 

Currently, a bunch of popular subreddits are "going dark" or "going private" meaning the mods have locked them so that no user can access them. 

I won't lie I'm a little perturbed but I suppose it's evolve or die- where else should I be visiting?

inb4 lemonparty, ******** and whatever other joke you thought was funny in middle school 

What sub-reddits went dark?

"The move affected nearly 300 individual discussion areas — so-called subreddits that focus on individual topics like technology, art and business. Subreddits are generally moderated by self-appointed members of the community, not official Reddit employees. The shutdowns, which began on Thursday evening, appeared to expand rapidly on Friday."

-http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/04/technology/reddit-moderators-shut-down-parts-of-site-over-executives-dismissal.html

I think the IAmA section was the first to go down, but I don't really know.

Reddit always sucked anyways. There's a few decent sub-reddits to read regarding obscure topics but for the most part it's shitposting. I like reading stuff that people put some thought in to, not 5 word responses that get upvoted like crazy.

Archived