• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Igo

2015 may be the year a true changing of the guard happens at the QB position in the NFC South. 

For many years now, Drew Brees has been tops in the south. Few impartial observers would argue that fact. However, Brees showed signs of wear and tear last season. As a result, the Saints look to be moving towards a more run based offense. Will that help? 

Matt Ryan has proven to be a good quarterback at times, but has fallen short when it mattered most. Can the Falcons new Head Coach instill a toughness into Matt Ryan and help him overcome adversity? 

Cam Newton is now healthy and appears to have the best offensive weapons of his career at his disposal. Is the offensive line improved enough to keep him from running for his life? 

Jameis Winston, the unknown, could have a record breaking rookie year just as Cam Newton did. Crazier things have happened. 

How would you rank the NFC South Quarterbacks? 

View full article

1) Brees

2) Ryan

3) Cam

4) Winston

Until he plays otherwise, Brees is the class of the division and a top 5 QB. 

Ryan is a more polished QB than Cam is, but he's also been in the league 3 or 4 years longer, so he should be. This is by no means, me shitting on Cam, but Ryan gets a bunch of flack on this site just because he's a wiener. He may be a wiener, but he's a good QB.

Cam is still young and improves a new aspect of his game each year. I expect a big step forward this year and he may overtake Ryan.

Winston is an unknown, and because he's a Buc, he will most likely fail due to their piss poor track record of drafting QBs. 

• Pie 5

1) Brees

2) Ryan

3) Cam

4) Winston

Until he plays otherwise, Brees is the class of the division and a top 5 QB. 

Ryan is a more polished QB than Cam is, but he's also been in the league 3 or 4 years longer, so he should be. This is by no means, me shitting on Cam, but Ryan gets a bunch of flack on this site just because he's a wiener. He may be a wiener, but he's a good QB.

Cam is still young and improves a new aspect of his game each year. I expect a big step forward this year and he may overtake Ryan.

Winston is an unknown, and because he's a Buc, he will most likely fail due to their piss poor track record of drafting QBs. 

Ditto.

1) Cam. No, this isn't homerism. Brees is declining and the Saints have recognized this by building up their run game. I think, all things considered, Cam will have a better season.
2) Brees. He's still a top-10 quarterback, but how long can he keep the pace up? Not much longer. His security blanket is gone, his receiving corps leaves much to be desired, and the team is pivoting to the run game.
3) Ryan - It's telling that 22 of Ryan's 44 losses have come in the last two seasons. He's far from a bad quarterback, but without a running game and a strong defense, he's come up short.
4 Winston - TBD. 

Brees is still the best QB in the division, let's be honest.  He was asked to do too much for the offense last year and they're trying to run more to balance it out.  Could be a good move that pays off.

Cam is #2 right now just because the Panthers have won the division two years in a row.  In terms of skill I think him and Ryan are very close.  Ryan has more pocket skills but Cam offsets that with his running ability.  

Obviously Winston is a distant 4th, but who knows where he'll rank next season.  

• Pie 2

2015 may be the year a true changing of the guard happens at the QB position in the NFC South. 

For many years now, Drew Brees has been tops in the south. Few impartial observers would argue that fact. However, Brees showed signs of wear and tear last season. As a result, the Saints look to be moving towards a more run based offense. Will that help? 

Might have to turn in my homer card on this one but...

I think people are way overplaying the "Drew Brees is getting rusty" story. Dude still led the league in passing yards and was #2 in passing percentage. He threw a few more picks than usual, but jeez. Their defense was horrendous. At least let him go two seasons of such "horrible" quarterback play before saying that he's even close to second in the division. 

• Pie 1

.Winston is an unknown, and because he's a Buc, he will most likely fail due to their piss poor track record of drafting QBs. 

to be fair, Winston is nearly sure-fire talent wise. His only problem is interceptionitis. But he will still burn plenty of defenses with his smarts. That said, he may still bust between the interceptionitis and the off field issues

1. Brees

2. Ryan

3. Cam

4. Winston

Drew is still at the top of this list. I understand Cam winning the poll though. Damn homers. 

Last year I had Cam at 2 and Ryan at 3. Then Cam played most of the year hurt, almost died, and looked terrible at times. I've stated numerous times I feel like Cam is one of the most physically gifted QBs I've ever seen. If he ever puts it all together, it'll be tough to stop. For now I have Ryan ahead of him, but that's subject to change.

Winston is last because he's a rookie and hes a Buc.

• Pie 1