• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beginning of the End For the Redskins?

I know a lot of natives, and none of them are offended by the name of Washington D.C.'s team. 

I also know when the lobbyists originally started to find people who were offended by it, they couldn't find any. Did that stop them? Hell no, they got their agenda to divide the nation, and keep us distracted while they continue to rape us. So they PAID natives to stand up against the Redskins.  Why not, our government wasn't giving them enough money already. 

I'm  glad that Dan Snyder is sticking to his guns. He has finally earned respect from me.  I'm also glad that state laws will help him having to ever give up the redskins name. 

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I distinctly remember seeing a special about a high school either on a reservation or in an area with a high percentage of Native American residents. The mascot for that team?? You got it, The Redskins and they were DAMN proud of it. The players took immense pride to be Redskins and play for their heritage.

Im sorry but this is just more white, liberal guilt where we are being told what should offend us and that we are horrible if we feel any different. If I ever met a single Native American who found it offensive then I might listen more but thus far I've asked and never found a single one. Only ones I've seen upset are on CNN or ESPN.

I distinctly remember seeing a special about a high school either on a reservation or in an area with a high percentage of Native American residents. The mascot for that team?? You got it, The Redskins and they were DAMN proud of it. The players took immense pride to be Redskins and play for their heritage.

Im sorry but this is just more white, liberal guilt where we are being told what should offend us and that we are horrible if we feel any different. If I ever met a single Native American who found it offensive then I might listen more but thus far I've asked and never found a single one. Only ones I've seen upset are on CNN or ESPN.

I am part Cherokee and I don't like the name. And I hate the Cleveland mascot. And, quite frankly, the fact that you haven't personally met anyone that is offended probably has more to do with where you live, not whether or not we exist. And no I have never been on CNN, and the only time I have been on ESPN was when I stormed the basketball court after a big March madness win in college. 

I am part Cherokee and I don't like the name. And I hate the Cleveland mascot. And, quite frankly, the fact that you haven't personally met anyone that is offended probably has more to do with where you live, not whether or not we exist. And no I have never been on CNN, and the only time I have been on ESPN was when I stormed the basketball court after a big March madness win in college. 

First world problems .

Cherokee lived further South than Ohio and way West of DC.  Cleveland's mascot is most likely Shawnee, and the DC mascot is likely Piscataway.

BTW...I'd be ecstatic if they renamed it to the Washington Picts, and all ran around naked cranked up on meth, with blue tattoos on their faces.

my question is: if the redskins are forced to change their name, is the focus shifted to other teams like the cleveland indians (whose chief yahoo is arguably more offensive) and the atlanta braves? 

The difference is Braves, Chiefs, Indians, Seminoles, Warriors, etc aren't derogatory racial slurs like Redskins. The Cleveland Indian caricature, however, does need to be updated or scrapped, like Golden State has done with the bridge. 

Remember guys this isnt about their name its about the Trademark. This means that ANYONE can make and sell Redskins merch. Trust me this will force a name change.

lol! It's extremely racist!!!! Now let's make it where ANYONE can do it!!! Haha! Gotta love the gov.

Cherokee lived further South than Ohio and way West of DC.  Cleveland's mascot is most likely Shawnee, and the DC mascot is likely Piscataway.

BTW...I'd be ecstatic if they renamed it to the Washington Picts, and all ran around naked cranked up on meth, with blue tattoos on their faces.

We actually have been able to migrate farther away, especially after the invention of the horse-less buggy. :)

I don't lose sleep over it, but I also don't buy that every one of these mascots was meant to honor and uplift native americans.

Archived