• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Logjam in the backcourt

rhyslloyd

With last nights addition of Jeremy Lin, we now have: Walker, Batum, Lamb, Hairston, Daniels, Roberts and Lin in the backcourt. While I don't feel terrible about that rotation, I'm wondering if someone will be the odd man out. If not, then we really have no room for Harrison who has been the brightest star IMO during the summer league. Is Cho going to pull a Cho and drop the ball by not signing Harrison? Is someone getting cut in lieu of signing Harrison?

I see a lot of minutes for Walker, Batum and Lin. I don't see Lamb having a huge impact this year. I think they traded for him to see if they can get steal but they are not sure what they are getting. He might have some minutes. Daniels might get some spot up minutes. I don't see PJ or Roberts playing much. I still think we use one spot for Harrison and send him to the D-League. 

This would leave one more open spot for MLE for a big. 

Nowadays, athletic 2/3 types can present some flexibility but we have a lot of guys that really seem to be more on the 3 side: MKG (strictly), Batum, Lamb, Taylor, Hairston.  We still don't have a pure guard on this team (Minus Aaron).  It seems they wanted size that can shoot this offseason.  

Lamb can play SF no? I really don't know, I'm not huge into the NBA yet.

I think Lamb will play some SF, and Batum possibly too.

Kemba  and MKG will probably miss time for injuries so we need depth.  

Batum got plenty of time at SF in portland.. more than sg.. 1. Lillard 2. Matthews 3. Batum

Archived