• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will be heading to Charlotte for Houston game...

Lilsmitty09

In just a little over a month I will be momentarily leaving the beautiful northwest full of bandwagoning Seahawk "fans" and will be heading back to Charlotte/The Carolina's for the second time in my life  (First went in October of 2013 for Rams game). I will be bringing my girl with me to show her how great the area is - as it will be her first time in the south and Carolina's. We are expecting to move there in the near future as soon as I graduate college - which fuggin never seems to end. While we already have things planned (Game, Stadium Tour, Southpark Mall, Driving throughout NC and SC) I figured I would ask you guys here what you would suggest to do. We will be there the Wednesday the 16th through Monday (partially) the 22nd of September. Last time I went it was during the huge BBQ festival that filled the streets of Charlotte - which was amazing. However I looked and haven't seen anything like that going on during the week. 

So long story short - what are some things to do, places to eat (and yes other than Bojangles, cookout and Macs Speed Shop because I made sure I had that the first time I came and will be there again when I return), events going on, etc for me and her to do while we are here? Some ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

World of beer is recommended, and check what games are going on in the Triangle on Saturday.  Even though the football for college isn't great here, it's something.  And something is better than nothing.  Plus, UNC, NC State's, and newly renovated Duke's football stadiums aren't bad looks.  I would also visit UNC's college basketball museum (their hours suck, so you probably need to look at that).  And Duke's basketball/sports museum (it's open 24/7).  You can also tour Cameron Indoor Stadium, which is a very cool thing to see.  Just suggestions.   

For food spots, Top of the Hill (if you come to the Triangle area).  They also brew their own beer and liquor.  Burger Bach is pretty solid around Duke's campus.  Bull City Burger and Brewery is awesome around Durham, and Sams Bottle Shop is a place you can look at beer while drinking beer.  For BBQ (which is a big thing here in NC) The Pit in Durham is perfect.  

For a one day excursion, the Biltmore Estate and/or just about anywhere on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  As beautiful as any drive in this country.  Especially that time of year.

Where are you staying?  There are a ton of restaurants and it obviously depends on what you like.  My favorite is Chimas.

Welcome back!!!!  I'm sure you'll get all the info you need to have a great time.

For a one day excursion, the Biltmore Estate and/or just about anywhere on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  As beautiful as any drive in this country.  Especially that time of year.

Where are you staying?  There are a ton of restaurants and it obviously depends on what you like.  My favorite is Chimas.

Welcome back!!!!  I'm sure you'll get all the info you need to have a great time.

If he were to come to Asheville I could name 200 better things to do than visit Biltmore.

The brewery scene is a definite must - check out NODA, Birdsong, and Olde Mecklenburg. None of them will disappoint. If you have the time, definitely do the Brews Cruise.

As much as it pains me to say, avoid the epicentre. It is completely overrated and overpriced. The only decent bar there is Tin Roof.

Since you've already been to Mac's (which IMO is the best bbq in Charlotte) make a trip over to Bad Daddy's on East Blvd. Best burger your taste buds will have the pleasure of experiencing.

Archived