• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wagner gets $43M over 4 years, $56M over 5 for Luke?

Thorrez

But Luke loves Carolina and Gettleman.... Luke's a team player, he isn't going to take 11million when he can take 6 million and leave $25 million on the table over five years.... I have a bridge to sell you folks who believe this fairy tale magic

If Wilson can take a friendly deal like he did expect Luke to do it for sure. He will be a rich man but every good player does not want to cripple his team like you make it seem.

Wilson had about as much leverage as any QB looking for a contract. He could have played this year and let the market set his contract next year. Call me crazy but I'm sure some other teams would be willing to pay a SB winning QB top dollar. 

Wilson had about as much leverage as any QB looking for a contract. He could have played this year and let the market set his contract next year. Call me crazy but I'm sure some other teams would be willing to pay a SB winning QB top dollar. 

he could not let the market set his contract for three years.........just saying.

Wilson wasn't going anywhere.

he could not let the market set his contract for three years.........just saying.

Wilson wasn't going anywhere.

Wilson was a FA in 2016...... Just saying.

Tag or not he would have been paid like a top QB but his deal was much more friendly than getting tagged or letting the market set his contract.  

Chancellor and Irvin want to be paid now---where is Seattle finding their money? 

As for Luke, we cannot assume that he is not interested in money because he just loves him some football.  He is a professional athlete who expects fair market value.  He is better than Wagner, and if Wagner is worth that, (there are instances where a team overpays and it does not "set the bar"--see Hurney, Marty: Godfrey, Charles, Williams, Deangelo) then Kuechly is worth $11-12 per---easily.  Sure, you have the cap, but Kuechly (like Cam) is such a clean-cut, face of the franchise type player, from selling jerseys to making commercials to promoting the team--he brings in way more than that.  He has a cult following (mostly my wife and millions of other females) and, when combined with Cam, is building a young fan base that will make this team iconic over the next several years.  All we need to do is get in the spotlight more.  Cam, Luke, TD, Boston, Bene, Star, KK, Stewie, Norman, KB, etc--we have a bunch of likeable guys who can get the job done.  The teams that are loved nationally--Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Dallas, SF, and New England--all had 1 thing in common--they won multiple super bowls and had wholesome faces of the franchise.  We just need to win a super bowl or 2.  I think we will, very soon.

I heard from a reliable unnamed source that Luke will agree to $50 per game and as a bonus the team will pay his time warner cable bill for five years, because by golly the kid loves football and just wants to play, he doesn't care about the gosh darn money, dad gummit.

Archived