• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaq Thompson Making Plays

Jeremy Igo

Luke has always talked about how great veterans were helping him progress into the player he is today breaking down film with him, helping him get a better sense of the position and overall defense. I have no doubt in my mind Davis and Luke will have Shaq grasping everything he needs to know to be a real force inside this defense.

• Pie 2

While I'll grant that his position on the roster is still listed as 'linebacker',  would it not be fair to say then given the double duty he's going to be pulling, Thompson could be described as doing a 'position switch'  also?

From what I have seen Shaq played more of a hybrid/joker/weapon role in college. 
My thoughts stem more from their similar skill sets.

• Pie 1

And to think this kid has Luke and TD to learn from...that sounds weird, "learning from Luke."  Hell, Luke is still super young for the level of play he is at.  Just a total X-Factor all around.  Most players in Luke's situation would still be getting coach; instead, Luke is doing the coaching.  Gotta love this team.

• Pie 1

So if Collins Jones is most improved, along with being the 2014 nickel starter. Tillman woke up once the pads came on. Bene should be the starting Nickel this season.

Where does Shaq fit on defense and how many snaps does he get? I had HUGE questions about this pick and the whole class. I know first rounders have spoiled us fans, but some players take more time or there just isn't room right now. 

I wonder how disappointed fans will be if Shaq is mainly STs this year?

Edited by MV%doe

So if Collins Jones is most improved, along with being the 2014 nickel starter. Tillman woke up once the pads came on. Bene should be the starting Nickel this season.

Where does Shaq fit on defense and how many snaps does he get? I had HUGE questions about this pick and the whole class. I know first rounders have spoiled us fans, but some players take more time or there just isn't room right now. 

I wonder how disappointed fans will be if Shaq is mainly STs this year?

He's a LB, not DB.  He fits quite well in Klein's spot.

He's a LB, not DB.  He fits quite well in Klein's spot.

klein played in about 30%(when he wasn't injured) of the defensive snap last year. The reasons for me listing DBs, cause nickel/Buffalo package was the base. Shaq needs displace a DB in order to stay in the base D.

Or are you fine with him playing STs and 20 snaps on defense?

klein played in about 30%(when he wasn't injured) of the defensive snap last year. The reasons for me listing DBs, cause nickel/Buffalo package was the base. Shaq needs displace a DB in order to stay in the base D.

Or are you fine with him playing STs and 20 snaps on defense?

I think the idea is keeping 7 in the box but still have the athleticism in Shaq to play a safety role. So instead of tipping everyone off that we are in nickel cover 3 the offense has to wonder what we are calling bc formations will not change as often.
  • Pie 2

I think the idea is keeping 7 in the box but still have the athleticism in Shaq to play a safety role. So instead of tipping everyone off that we are in nickel cover 3 the offense has to wonder what we are calling bc formations will not change as often.

and this is what seattle does and a big part of why they are so successful.