• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oher Struggling Early in Camp

Jeremy Igo

who would you like DG to have drafted/signed? Seems like Hurst is the only one who got away. we could have grabbed him with a 7th. otherwise, there hasn't been anyone we could have gotten who we passed on.

Exactly. People have selective memory when it comes to this. Like Gettleman was supposed to make an LT appear out of thin air 

• Pie 5

So does Oher suck or have Addison and Alexander picked up their game and are playing very well early in camp.  I am hoping for the latter and and not the former.  I suppose the preseaason games will tell the tale.

Most liekly both. So take the good with the bad.

Edited by beastson

Is Cherilus and Collins still out there? 

I believe in Oher, and I think he'll find his rhythm in due time, but I just prefer to have security and options at the position and Chandler is neither of those.  If we add a vet with starting experience and some natural talent for the position, I would just feel a lot better about it.  That way if Oher can't get it together, we have valid insurance behind him and as has happened in the past, so often, the answer ends up being a guy that was already on the roster and waited his turn. 

• Pie 1

The good news is that 3 of the 5 o-line positions should be better than last year at this time, and Kalil should be equal to last year at Center.

Remmers and Williams (RT) were not even on the team last year at this time, and Chandler was the starting RT.  Amini was the starting LG , and Norwell was not starting yet.  And Turner was a rookie and not the starting RG yet.

I'm not surprised that Oher does not look like an all-pro LT because he never was.  He is a stop-gap until the Panthers can draft a legitimate LT.  I think he will be better than Bell just from the fact that the rest of the o-line is better than 1 year ago.

• Pie 1

Having a badass left guard next to him allowed bell to have a borderline decent game or two late in the season.  So long as amini silatolu isn't out there I imagine the left side will be at least a little better.  Oher doesn't even have to be good to improve our LT position.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 1