• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oher Struggling Early in Camp

Jeremy Igo

we've asked that question in every 'DG hates LT' thread for the last 6 months, yet everyone seems to always dodge it, like you just did.

I usually avoid the mindless threads you're mentioning. I made an observation that the front office is not good at evaluating OT in the draft. For whatever reason that side of the line they think they can go patchwork on. If they had signed someone else and the guy was struggling wouldn't we have the same questions? I guess they are thinking Oher surely has to be better than Bell.

Ah, yes...reminds me of last year when smart asses would say everyone is being stupid to panic and we would be fine with Bell and Chandler. I for one, think once again, it is very stupid for the team to ignore this position as they continue to do. And before the 'well, who was better, who could've come in/draft blah blah', how many years do you go with that story? Surley 4 years have not gone by with a better option. Oher is NOT the answer and neither is Martin and both are going to look horrible this season. Watch. In the rare event Oher turns out to be serviceable or slightly better than Bell, the worst LT in the league, we can consider ourselves luck.

At this point in baffles me we spend years trying to figure out a solution to the most important position on the offense not being QB.

• Pie 1

I usually avoid the mindless threads you're mentioning. I

made an observation that the front office is not good at evaluating OT in the draft.

For whatever reason that side of the line they think they can go patchwork on. If they had signed someone else and the guy was struggling wouldn't we have the same questions? I guess they are thinking Oher surely has to be better than Bell.

I could make the exact OPPOSITE argument based on the quality of Tackles that have come out since Gettleman has been our GM. He's avoided all of them (when he's actually had the opportunity to draft them, not when taken before he could).

He's doing fine. 

• Pie 1

I could make the exact OPPOSITE argument based on the quality of Tackles that have come out since Gettleman has been our GM. He's avoided all of them (when he's actually had the opportunity to draft them, not when taken before he could).

He's doing fine. 

Drafting Williams from OU may be the litmus test to see if they can find OT's in the draft. OU is tied fir most OT's drafted in the last 15 yrs. Each of the 5 have become starters with Williams and another OU rookie this year waiting to see. That's a safe pool to choose from. Hope the trend continues.

It's not a good sign but we really have no one else. Bell was terrible so we are taking our chances with Oher.  He honestly can't be worse than bell. I just don't think he is much better. Guess we will see how much our coaching staff can get out of him.

• Pie 1

Wait, not to call Jeremy out or anything, but didn't Voth say that despite the rocky start Oher adjusted? Or are we purposely ignoring that tweet just to bitch and complain today?

Just sayin'.

This.........

Time somehow brings out both the good and bad, lets just hope there is much more good....

Wait, not to call Jeremy out or anything, but didn't Voth say that despite the rocky start Oher adjusted? Or are we purposely ignoring that tweet just to bitch and complain today?

Just sayin'.

Oher didn't adjust. The Panthers started running plays on offense that got the ball out of Cam's hand quickly. 

Maybe Oher improves in camp, but as of now he has had a bad start.