• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aside from LT, we dont have a single weakness on this team right now.

PanthersUnited

It just hit me today (btw yes i know this is my 2nd thread today, im pumped for the season, sue me) but aside from LT we have no weakness at all. Lets start with the secondary..

Secondary- Tillman, Bene, Norman, Boston, Melvin White, Coleman. Now thats a solid unit, factor in Harper and his opportunistic interceptions from time to time and thats a added bonus. 

LB corp- Does this one even need an explanation?

D line- While Star's foot is comcerning, lets assume he will be full health. CJ, Ealy, Addison, Alexander, Dwan Edwards, KK. You can scratch D line being a weakness because it clearly is not.

Now on the offensive side of the ball.

O line- Yes LT is the lone weak link here but with Kalil, Norwell, Trai and Williams/Remmers beasting in camp, the O line as a whole unit will be stout.

QB- No explanation needed

RB- If Stewie stays healthy he is primed for a pro bowl year, behind him Cameron Payne and Fozzy are solid.

WR-KB will beast, Funchess is beasting in camp and Ginn will be Ginn. Factor in Philly Brown and we are all set at WR

TE- No explanation needed, pro bowler.

FB- I expect a solid bounce back from Tolbert.

I cant remember the last time this team has been as complete and stacked as this team is right now, i challenge you to pick out one weakness aside from LT, you just wont be able to period.

Any thoughts on last year's weakest link? Special teams, I hope it's progressed. If not there is nothing special about our special teams. With the added distance to the extra point, gano will be huge for us. I am stoked that we have Ginn to return punts, will he also return kickoffs?

Any thoughts on last year's weakest link? Special teams, I hope it's progressed. If not there is nothing special about our special teams. With the added distance to the extra point, gano will be huge for us. I am stoked that we have Ginn to return punts, will he also return kickoffs?

I feel good about special teams, there is only so much impact special teams can have. Ginn solidifies the return game, we got a new coach and I can't think of names but Gman signed a lot of players for special teams. Ginn replacing Bersin alone makes our special teams much better

I do think we have positions of concern. They're not necessarily weakness but it could go either way for me. Dline looks good but if star is out for an extended period of time and we have to rely on two older DT that are better off as rotational guys. Then we have to assume a healthy Charles Johnson can bring us some pass rush and that the Ealy and co are all going to take a step forward in development. 

Not really worried about the Dline but I don't count it as an automatic either.

I'd be willing to bet decent money that Roman Harper will be an opening day starter for us.  Ron loves his vets and Harper if history is any indication, Harper will have to really stink the joint up to get benched, at which point a youngster will come in and thoroughly out-perform him.

I think ST will be improved (they would have to be by default), but the statement "there is only so much impact special teams can have" is something I don't agree with. I forget the exact stat, but horrendous special teams play last year (mainly on coverage, protection for the punter, and returns) spotted an average of 5 points to the opposing team. That is a HUGE impact.

Under Rivera, special teams have been at best only slightly bad and at worst apocalyptically bad. We'll see about 2015.

Let's be real here. Our offense line still sucks and Shula still sucks. That's gonna affect how well we do this season. We still have a chance to make some noise but it will be difficult if the team doesn't adapt in those areas. We haven't really solved the problems yet, but time will tell...

Archived