• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Left Tackle Daryl Williams?

Jeremy Igo

Didn't Oher do better at the right tackle?  If Williams can play the left and Oher plays well enough at right, that would seem to solve our problems, at least temporarily.

Of course, this could just be the coaches wanting to get more of the olinemen experienced at various positions in case of injury. 

I am not so sure Oher would beat out Remmers at RT. 

Remmers has looked really good in camp this year. 

Whether or not Williams continues to see time at left tackle once starter Michael Oher and backup Nate Chandler are in pads again remains to be seen.

Would have liked to see him against the other DE's. It's so hard to gauge things at this point. Is Daryl Williams good? Is Kony Ealy horrible? Is the whole o-line good, and the d-line really good? Are they both bad?

Looking forward to preseason games, and coverage from practice with Miami. Things are difficult to judge in a vacuum. 

I am not so sure Oher would beat out Remmers at RT. 

Remmers has looked really good in camp this year. 

I wasn't necessarily suggesting he would be the starter.  But if and when injuries occur, it would be nice to be able to play Oher at right tackle, since Remmer seems more adaptable and might be better able to fill in at other spots. 

Ok, I am new at learning the game and Positions... what is the Main Differences between RT and LT? I mean they both block on the O Line depending on which side the block is coming from. I played Center in School.. I just know Center.

The times, they are a changin....

Back in the day, you wanted your nimble, quick T to play on the left side, and the road grater on the right.  It seems to me these days that it's not as important to build your line that way, but most would prefer the best pass blocker to take care of the QB's blind side.

Would have liked to see him against the other DE's. It's so hard to gauge things at this point. Is Daryl Williams good? Is Kony Ealy horrible? Is the whole o-line good, and the d-line really good? Are they both bad?

Looking forward to preseason games, and coverage from practice with Miami. Things are difficult to judge in a vacuum. 

the practice against Miami will tell a lot.  They have a very good DL.

I think you're struggling with the concept. What you have is some random list of tackles in the NFL. 

My statement was how many TOP-RATED tackles are over 320? My list was closer to the top of the talent at the tackle position. If it's just about listing tackles you might as well add Byron Bell who sits at 340lbs. 

Lol wtf? Andrew Whitworth, Trent Williams, and Jason Peters are the best left tackles in football.

• Pie 1