• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess Learning From Proehl

Jeremy Igo

yeah everyone is expecting him to be Benjamin 2.0 and thats just unreasonable. Physically, yes, they are similar. but everyone progresses at different rates, and Benjamin surprised everyone in his rookie camp. just give Funchess some time. He is playing like the second round pick that he was at the moment. 

my gut was like "YEAH!!!!"... but in all seriousness, how do we know that Proehl would make a good OC. seems to me that OC doesnt naturally flow from WR coach. though... i guess OC doesnt flow from QB coach either..........

Bruce Arians?

• Pie 1

yeah everyone is expecting him to be Benjamin 2.0 and thats just unreasonable. Physically, yes, they are similar. but everyone progresses at different rates, and Benjamin surprised everyone in his rookie camp. just give Funchess some time. He is playing like the second round pick that he was at the moment. 

my gut was like "YEAH!!!!"... but in all seriousness, how do we know that Proehl would make a good OC. seems to me that OC doesnt naturally flow from WR coach. though... i guess OC doesnt flow from QB coach either..........

Kelvin was two years older last year than Devin is this year.  The difference between 21 and 23 can be bigger than many realize.

• Pie 2

I've already said how I disliked the whole class, mainly the top two. Reports I've heard on fuch is hes having problems with DBs being physical...... This is a former TE and small CBs are pushing him around. He needs to be the refs best friend in order to get calls.

Its only fair to point out fuch is following the panther top 20 rookie record setting WR and he's learning 3 spots. Fuch has big shoulders and they're getting used.

I'd love to hear how you could possibly dislike adding a player like Shaq Thompson. That's some funny poo right there.

And as far as Funchess goes, he has made as many postive plays in camp than negative so I'm not sure what the concern is. He's a fugging rookie, and has a great coach and the perfect teammate in Kelvin to relate to. Kelvin had issues with separating and route running last year too, and how did that work out?

We got spoiled with Kelvin, so for the people that think Devin will put up the same numbers need to stop. He's going to be a 2nd/3rd option and used as a mis-match in the offense. He has all the potential in the world to be an amazing #2 or even a #1, and I'm sure he'll get there. But if you think Funch is going to be trading TD catches with KB all year, you're going to be dissapoint. 

shaq - panthers run nickle 65% of the time. No way luke or TD come off and bene is a great NB so he stays too. If this was TDs swan song it would help the reasoning picking Shaq, still overall I thought he was middle to late 2nd rounder. Wished the panthers would had picked a WR, like the very next pick is berriman or even Dorset. I just don't see where he fits on this team with these players and I don't put a high value on 4-3 OLB. Shaq playing means TD will play SLB, that's doing all the dirty work. ex. Taking on pulling OLmen so Luke/shaq/harper can make the play...

Fuch he did have a awful QB and overall team. Had toe/foot issues etc. Just like Shaq had him further down the ranking basically early-mid 3rd. That's mainly due to the WR group being soon great overall top to bottom. But he's got what the panthers want to give cam, tall, wingspan, sneaky speed targets.

That said dave and his crew have done a great job the two drafts(overall including UDFAs). They have access to vast more resources and forgotten more football than I know. They really wanted those two and I support the panthers. Lastly I drove the Benjamin hype bus while over 70% disliked the guy. It just happens the guys they like/picked this year where guys I didn't share the same opinion.

I hate to be that guy, but this seems like a pretty basic thing to be teaching a WR. I'm happy Proehl is here, (because I'm a Panthers fanboy), but this doesn't seem like anything any other NFL WR coach wouldn't be doing.

He does the same thing with Cotchery, who has been in the league 12 years. This is what a WR coach is for.

Edited by Hogmolliesmaht
  • Pie 1

Let me tell you something Proehl. . .

Donald LaFell is a starting 1 in this league.

But not until he left here, so what does that say?

I guess that is something I just never understood. How can everyone yell from the mountain top that the WRs sucked the last few years, never get separation, drop easy passes, etc.  but at the same time they proclaim that Proehl is the best WR's coach in the league? 

What makes Proehl so much better than the other WR coaches in the league but none of his WRs have done anything until he got a 1st round pick with Benjamin? I honestly have no idea if Proehl is good or not but apparently many people know he is but something just doesn't add up there. 

I know, I know....it's Shula's fault. 

• Pie 1

Johnny,

Because Ricky is OUR OC and has workout centers all ova da wurld

Still a good point though.  He might just be little more handsy with the players, likes rubbing it up and grinding,  prob misses playing.  Who doesn't like a good slap on the rear end??  Wait what...nevermind

... it's probably all Shulas fault

Edited by cultclassiccat
Ricky is our wr coach. I know this. Please don't hurt me I'm fragile
  • Pie 1