• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Projection Update

Jeremy Igo

Zod you got a update on Lou young, saw it was a bad hammy pull.

I don't see the point in keep Todman for KOs. Ginn/fozzy(he did fine with crappy players blocking)/ other can knee kickoffs just as good. Speed looks super duper awesome without contract/tackling. All the reports ginn, Byrd, and todman are speed drools.

Still not in mayo camp, I know he's improved this week. Still he's got PS all over him. 

Looking forward to Buffalo.

• Pie 1

Not really. Don't pay any attention to that depth chart. Every Panthers staffer will tell you that. 

Cotch has gotten as many first string snaps as Brown if not more. 

how come we havnt heard much of brown?  Kinda leads to my posts above. Sounds like Byrd is out performing Philly. Is that true?

Todman also grew up in Massachusetts and is best childhood friends with a friend of mine. So I hope he's a Panther. He has produced as an RB in the NFL before, is probably the best kick returner on the roster, brings speed we lack on offense, and can tackle on special teams.

Edited by OnlyPantherFaninMaine
  • Pie 1

how come we havnt heard much of brown?  Kinda leads to my posts above. Sounds like Byrd is out performing Philly. Is that true?

Corey has made plays,  just expected of him now,  no longer news. 

The only way Byrd leap frogs him on the roster is if Damiere kills it on punt returns all preseason. Brown has not fielded a single punt this camp. And even then,  I doubt he would take Corey's place. 

• Pie 2

People are clearly emmotionally attached to fozzy because of the playoff game. This isnt summer camp kickball. The best players on the roster make it. If Gettleman thinks Todman is better, he will make the team over Fozzy. Gettleman doesn't take sentimental bullshit into account like Hurney. 

Edited by The Huddler
  • Pie 3

Jeremy, outside of punt protector (saw him doing 1st squad at FF) what special team duties is Webb taking?

It's one thing to make the 53.. Are they really going to let him on the active 46 for the whole season? A reserve CB or RB or LB could handle his assignments and actually see the field if a starter went down. 

Maybe he's this mysterious 7th WR they say they're keeping, but he seems like a jack of all trades master of none. 

• Pie 1