• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Roster Projection Update

Jeremy Igo

1)  I agree with much of this list, but I think we will keep Fozzy and only 9 OL.  3 RB's would leave us too thin at the position, especially with Stewart's injury history.  

2)  Byrd's and Ward's chances hinge on their play in preseason games.  If they both stand out and make plays throughout the preseason, then there is a chance Ward beats out Brockel and Byrd beats out Berson (or maybe Boykin if he wins the job instead).  But neither will make the team by looking great in practice but average or mediocre in the games.  Their practice play must translate to game play for either to have a chance.

3)  On defense, there is no way they will only keep 5 LB's.  I think Trusnik will make the team.  And Mayo, IMO, will not be a casualty.  The coaches saw something in him, and are certainly willing to be patient as he adjusts.

4)  I also don't see 6 CB's.   Maybe on a roster without so many quality players on the bubble, it might be possible, but on this team, I just don't see any way they keep that many.  I believe Byndom, White, and Heath are competing for 1 or maybe 2 spots.  One of them will be left out in the cold.

• Pie 2

Id hate to see Wes Horton elsewhere...he is a good rotation guy that really improved. Also surprised to see Glanton left off but wow it is a tight roster with a bunch of good players. 

Id reduce the OL to 9 guys and omit Bersin maybe from the WR crew...I feel it would be 1 less cb since Colin Jones could fill in as a 5th 6th cb as well as play safety.  

Add Glanton back and add Fozzy for depth purposes at HB and surprise! D Byrd on the regular roster. They seem to have him incorporated in a lot of different plays, reverses and such to let him go to the PS. 

What is with this Fozzy obsession? Todman brings more to the team than Fozzy does.

A large part of the Huddle has grown accustomed to a tad above mediocrity after so many years of injury and inconsistency from our RBs (and WRs,  really).  It is a symptom of prolonged deprivation.  

Fozzy Brown is the legend of all Huddle legends. 

• Pie 2

A large part of the Huddle has grown accustomed to a tad above mediocrity after so many years of injury and inconsistency from our RBs (and WRs,  really).  It is a symptom of prolonged deprivation.  

Fozzy Brown is the legend of all Huddle legends. 

I lol'd.

You literally drove the David Gettis hype train dude.

Edited by TheRed

No way they choose Todman over Whittaker. They love the Foz and he has already proven that he works well in the offense. I agree that him and CAP are the same, and Todman has that top end speed we lack, but I would be absolutely shocked if they cut Fozzy.

Oh and this just confirms what most of us felt on draft day. David Mayo was a wasted pick and will either be cut or chosen over a valuable veteran special team ace. 

dont be shocked if it happens. Todman is crazy underrated he might blow up in the preseason. Not saying fozzy isnt good but id give todman the edge especially since hes a better return man as well.

Corey has made plays,  just expected of him now,  no longer news. 

The only way Byrd leap frogs him on the roster is if Damiere kills it on punt returns all preseason. Brown has not fielded a single punt this camp. And even then,  I doubt he would take Corey's place. 

all up to the preseason games for byrd. If he balls out like he did in camp hell make the roster