• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers RB Brandon Wegher featured on NFL Network

Jeremy Igo

As part of their Undrafted series, NFL Network is spotlighting Panthers RB Brandon Wegher. 

It seems Wegher is getting more than just local attention for his late game heroics. Parallels have been drawn between him and another undrafted running back, Arian Foster of the Texans. 

There is a path for Wegher to make the Panthers 53 man roster. I have it detailed here on a possible projected roster

View full article

• Pie 7

He's making the damn roster folks. 

CAP and Wegher are the perfect (cheap, effective, hungry, talented) backs for the future. 

Gettleman getting the most out of his dime, will not be paying this kind of cash for older, injury prone backs. When cap space feasible, were going young and cheap. Getts has shown, just in this year, how much talent he can rake in out of a 5th round Comp and a UDFA signing!!  With Getts with his mind years in advance, Weghers making the team. 

Talking about backs of course. I love Stew and Tolbert, but theyve had their time and their dime! Ill ask this, would you see any drop in production in the run game if we were to replace Tolbert and Stew with Ward, CAP, and Wegher?  I dont, and its at an 1/8th of the price probably. Call me a retard but theres value right fugin there and that money could be used elsewhere.  

Boom. 

Edited by The Huddler
  • Pie 1

He's making the damn roster folks. 

CAP and Wegher are the perfect (cheap, effective, hungry, talented) backs for the future. 

Gettleman getting the most out of his dime, will not be paying this kind of cash for older, injury prone backs. When cap space feasible, were going young and cheap. Getts has shown, just in this year, how much talent he can rake in out of a 5th round Comp and a UDFA signing!!  With Getts with his mind years in advance, Weghers making the team. 

Talking about backs of course. I love Stew and Tolbert, but theyve had their time and their dime! Ill ask this, would you see any drop in production in the run game if we were to replace Tolbert and Stew with Ward, CAP, and Wegher?  I dont, and its at an 1/8th of the price probably. Call me a retard but theres value right fugin there and that money could be used elsewhere.  

Boom. 

They both are good players but the talent level  between them and Stewart is significant, You want miss it in regular season as much but when its comes playoff time you will. I believe Stewart will be worth his contract this season. 

Its like Luke vs Klein.

Edited by sanjay_rajput
  • Pie 4

Put him in against the NE 1st team D and see if he still looks good. If he does, I feel sure that some other team will scoop him up if he's not locked up by the Panthers. He's too good and too cheap to let go, so I hope Gman likes him as much as the fans do. 

I'm not ready to say the young guys can replace a vet like (a healthy) Stewart yet, but I think it would be a big mistake to let Wegher go. I'm all for keeping Ward too.

They both are good players but the talent level  between them and Stewart is significant, You want miss it in regular season as much but when its comes playoff time you will. I believe Stewart will be worth his contract this season. 

Its like Luke vs Klein.

And that dude was so confident in his little assessment he ended with a "boom!" SMH

• Pie 1

Gettleman is responsible for bringing this guy IN. If it wasn't for the Gman, most of us wouldn't even know who Wegher is.

Look at his track record. Past GM's have had us wondering... "Why are we keeping this guy around?" The questions we have to ask about Gman's picks are .... how can we NOT keep this guy?

I love J-Stew and Mike Tolbert. But Steve Smith is our franchise leading receiver and we weren't afraid to get rid of him. D-Will is our franchise leading RB, but we cut ties with him. Greg Hardy was leading our team in sacks... having a monster year. But we let him go.

Gman has been about finding solid football players who can contribute... at depth... without breaking the bank. Wegher is worth his salt. Im glad that we're hype about this guy. But l just want us to remember who brought him here for us to be excited about. It's not like "They cant see it." They saw it before we did.

• Pie 5

They saw it before we did.

Inviting a FA to camp and giving him a roster spot aren't the same thing. You can be sure he belongs in an NFL training camp, and even be sure he's good enough for an NFL roster. Putting him on your particular roster, in place of another worthy player, is a different story. We're not doubting that Gettleman and Rivera like him. The question is how much they like him.