• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers taking Patriots game seriously

Jeremy Igo

Its a home game and I am going so for that reason alone I am glad the game is being taken seriously.

That said there are already over 60 players on IR. You have to wonder whether shaking a little rust off of veteran players is worth the risk of injury in preseason. Why not play your 2's against there 1's and get a real evaluation of how well they might play in a regular season game. Cam needs the work at this stage of his career. The same situation in 3 or 4 years I don't want to see him come out of the locker room to play the 3rd quarter in a meaningless game. I sure as hell don't want to see J Stewart take more than a series or 2 of reps tomorrow night. Hopefully they are smart about it. I bet Brady doesn't play much.

Just for reference do you think they didn't take the game seriously last season, or did fans not take it seriously?

I feel like preseason has always kind of shown where we would be weak or strong but this season is a little more difficult to decipher.  I feel like the offensive line has played tremendously but the running game has been abysmal outside of the couple nice runs from guys that won't be active on gameday and jordan todman.

I also feel like the defense hasn't tackled well throughout the preseason, not in the slightest, and the pass rush has been non existent outside of a few plays, but then again its hard to criticize too much because we haven't had Johnson, Star, or KK so far.

And the special teams have been awful as usual.  I feel like that will continue to be an issue throughout the year, although I think we have better guys touching the ball in those situations.

So for me it has been a mixed bag which means that the Patriots game should be a great test to see if all these things come together or if this team will continue to be an enigma.  If they aren't perfect I won't care, but if the issues I listed above hold true tomorrow night I feel we could be in for a long season.

• Pie 1

Patriots will know the ends and outs of everything weve ever done... because our play calls are the same year after year Cotch in the backfield.. fake play action to Stew and Cam spins around like Bruce Buffer and throws as screen to Tolbert.

Just hope we stay healthy and make them look like poo

Honestly we might game plan and IMO we should.  I hate the Patriots and beating them in regular season or preseason makes my day.   But if it comes down to losing to them because Star, CJ, Short and Stewart all skip the game so they are healthy for game one.  I won't fret too much if they win or not.   Beating them in preseason mean absolutely nothing. 

Beating them in Week 21 sure the hell Does

I'll bet most of our DL sits tomorrow night.

Edited by DaveThePanther2008