• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Along the Sidelines - Patriots at Panthers

Jeremy Igo

I don't think it's a matter of people not wanting Cotchery. Most fans here, myself included, were pretty happy when we signed him.

For us to go far this year, he has to step up as a veteran leader on the field, not just in name. It's as simple as that.

• Pie 2

I don't think it's a matter of people not wanting Cotchery. Most fans here, myself included, were pretty happy when we signed him.

For us to go far this year, he has to step up as a veteran leader on the field, not just in name. It's as simple as that.

There have been plenty of people on this very message board suggesting Cotchery should not have a roster spot. Jeremy is not wrong about that. Maybe it's a vocal minority, but they're out there. 

Edited by neverlosethefeeling
  • Pie 1

There have been plenty of people on this very message board suggesting Cotchery should not have a roster spot. Jeremy is not wrong about that. Maybe it's a vocal minority, but they're out there. 

That stems just about entirely from his performance last season. It's not the fans fault that he too often disappeared in games.

He's going to get plenty of opportunities this season with KB out. We need him to bounce back.

Very true.  But I do think most of that "cut Cotchery" stuff came before Kelvin's injury.  Once KB was out, I think all realized we need Cotch, and are just now hoping he balls out and has a stellar season.

Even though Tillman is like 57, he looks good athletically and it's obvious his presence has rubbed off on the defensive backs. Once Star, KK and Big Money get back may God have mercy on the souls of opposing QB's, we'll either sack you, force you to throw it away or force you in mistakes and get turnovers as long as we can hold onto the ball. 

Great pics by the way, like the watermark, though I'm waiting for David Newton to go steal them by going into paint and covering the logo with a black box.