• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who has the Advantage - Position Groups

Jackofalltrades

I wouldn't be surprised that they would argue that Bortles could be better than Cam. He has the potential to be a very good quarterback in the same bracket to which Cam resides [ie below the elite passers like Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Peyton]. 

Cam has been in the league four years and his accuracy is still below 60 pct. He still over throws his receivers and still makes the odd bad read when going through his progressions. Don't get me wrong, Cam is still the superior quarterback and has the higher ceiling of the two by far. But there are parts to Cam's game which still haven't been resolved that really should have been by now, and until they are, he will always continue to post similar stats and have a mid-80 QB rating. I still believe he can, and will, lead us to a Super Bowl. But at the same time, he will be one of those QBs who can frustrate at times.  

As for Bortles. He's improved his mechanics this off season, has a good arm, and decent mobility. If he can transfer his preseason form into regular season he could have a breakout year. I think he is going to be their franchise quarterback, though how good he will be is hard to say. He certainly has the talent and physical attributes to be a very good quarterback, but like Cam, he has parts of his game which will have to iron out if he wants to establish himself as an elite passing quarterback. 

Overall, I believe Cam will have the better, more successful career than Bortles. The Jags can be proud of their quarterback, but he's not better than our own, and I don't foresee that happening.  

for a moment I thought you were a Jaguars fan and a Cam hater...

I would not view this game as an easy win. I'd put it near 50/50. Maybe a slight edge to the Panthers. The Jags have some talent on the offensive and defensive lines. They have a young QB that could break out. They have an explosive weapon in Denard Robinson and I am a big fan of the rookie TJ Yeldon. The weather will most likely be hot and humid. This could be one of those 14-12 score lines where a big play or big mistake is the difference.

QB- Cam, no contest

RB- When healthy, Stewie is easily one of the best.

WR- Jags, no contest. Without KB this isn't even arguable. With KB, I'd still say they have the better group as a whole. 

TE- PUSH. Olsen is better than any of there's but not by a land slide. Their group is more proven IMO.

OLINE- no clue

DLINE- Star/Short/CJ win that alone I think

LB- Panthers have Best in NFL

CB- Panthers Norman, Tillman, and Bene are a pretty formidable group.

ST- K, P, KR goes to us. But our coverage teams are abysmal. So PUSH

for a moment I thought you were a Jaguars fan and a Cam hater...

Far from it! :D

I was being objective about the two QBs. I can see why they really rate their guy and have high hopes for the future. But as a Panthers fan and a Cam Newton fan, our guy is better with or without my Panthers hat on. And it will be that way for the foreseeable future. 

QB - CAROLINA
RB - CAROLINA
TE - CAROLINA
WR - JACKSONVILLE
OL - CAROLINA

DL - CAROLINA
LB - CAROLINA
DB - CAROLINA

ST - JACKSONVILLE

healthy? They probably have us at TE

but if we are just going off this Sunday I'd agree with the above but if our CBs don't clear  protocol they get that one too 

healthy? They probably have us at TE

but if we are just going off this Sunday I'd agree with the above but if our CBs don't clear  protocol they get that one too 

One CB has alread cleared aas Normanis jusjust a technicality. 

Thim as was an elite TE in Denver surrounded by other receivers and catching passes from one of the best QB's in league history. In Jax...he is an unknown. 

What I really comes down to is Cam.  I hope this man has started to put touch on his balls, and fix just a little of his placement issues.  If he can do that, even with this awful receiving corp.  We can win many games.  Please football Jesus make Cam take that next step as a QB that we need him to do.  

One CB has alread cleared aas Normanis jusjust a technicality. 

Thim as was an elite TE in Denver surrounded by other receivers and catching passes from one of the best QB's in league history. In Jax...he is an unknown. 

hard to dismiss his production though...

plus their number 2 TE is IMO is a good bit better than ours.  I had Olsen over Thomas slightly but felt Lewis ultimately makes their 2 TE sets better

Archived