• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Texans at Panthers Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

Can someone explain to me where the heck CJ was on the final drive by Houston? We had Cole out there at one point, Love another with Ealy and Addison. Where was Big Money? I don't remember him getting hurt and he's by far our best pass rusher. 

Apparently out of the game at the end due to hydration issues.

Yeah, Kony Ealy and all.

What was Big Money and TD's excuse in the 1st Half? Or does the 1st Half not count?

Yeah, but Kony Ealy.

Personally, this entire game was an effort at stupid from top to bottom except for Cam, Thor, and Klein.

Um, major props to our Oline.  Remmers might be the MVP.   Also, Ginn had some good returns, and that clutch TD.  Philly Brown too a beautiful TD catch, and Cotchery a really clutch reception.   I don't know why everyone is moaning so much.

Sure, there were some bad penalties and some blown plays, but really, there is quite a bit to be encouraged about re: how our offense performed against one of the toughest D's in the league.  Too close at the end.  Those Kony penalties and that blocked FG were awful.  But we won.  I'll take ugly.  We'll get better.

• Pie 3

Um, major props to our Oline.  Remmers might be the MVP.   Also, Ginn had some good returns, and that clutch TD.  Philly Brown too a beautiful TD catch, and Cotchery a really clutch reception.   I don't know why everyone is moaning so much.

Sure, there were some bad penalties and some blown plays, but really, there is quite a bit to be encouraged about re: how our offense performed against one of the toughest D's in the league.  Too close at the end.  Those Kony penalties and that blocked FG were awful.  But we won.  I'll take ugly.  We'll get better.

You're right.

I took it a little too far.

But there's still this: we have players that can make it happen on the field.  I am of the firm position that we have a coaching staff, from the head down (ESPECIALLY the head) who is scared to fugging death to let them try.

Are our WRs poo?  Is our OL patch-work?  Are some of our DBs old?  If the answer to all or any of those is 'yes', its not near the hindrance to the team that Ron Rivera and his "I'm scared to do anything because gosh it might be risky" philosophy is to this team.

By the way, here's a nice stat courtesy of BBR:

Houston’s Horrid Ground Game

It’s hard to win in the NFL without a run game, and the Texans don’t have one without injured back Arian Foster. They gained just 24 yards on 11 carries in the first half and just 37 more in the second. It’s the eighth time in their last nine regular-season games that the Panthers have held an opponent below 100 rushing yards. It was the first time they’ve done it despite being without LB Luke Kuechly and DT Star Lotulelei.

• Pie 2

FFS why is it you people can't appreciate good defensive football? We've played violent, close and in your face defence and the digging pansy bellends on here want Romo or Big Ben football with Ginn and Cotchery as our receivers.

no wonder there are so many steeler fans on digging Charlotte. Bunch of pussies this fan base is.

So WRs continuing to drop the ball and waaay too many penalties isn't ugly? A patchwork OL and rotating QBs isn't ugly?

FOH

Defensive struggles are one thing, incompetent offenses are another.

They went for it. They just failed. Why would you throw a 20 yard pass to Olsen on 3rd & 9 instead of just picking up 5 yards and setting up a more manageable FG attempt? These guys are stupid. Yes, I want them to take shots down the field, but not when one "simple" play is all you need to make it easier right at the end of the game. They still don't know when the right time is to do what, lol.

Is that on the coaches or does Cam share some of the blame for that?  If I remember correctly,on that particular play Brown was wide open for a short gain over the middle.

By the way, here's a nice stat courtesy of BBR:

Houston’s Horrid Ground Game

It’s hard to win in the NFL without a run game, and the Texans don’t have one without injured back Arian Foster. They gained just 24 yards on 11 carries in the first half and just 37 more in the second. It’s the eighth time in their last nine regular-season games that the Panthers have held an opponent below 100 rushing yards. It was the first time they’ve done it despite being without LB Luke Kuechly and DT Star Lotulelei.

this is an awesome stat, and one our fan base just doesn't appreciate. We've beaten our opponents by dragging their offences into the mud and punching them in the balls. 

The unfortunate thing is our first quarter offence is right there in the mud with them, but there is improvement and this o line is definitely gelling.

I don't like how we John Fox it up and dial back the defense when they're sitting on a lead. It almost came back to bite em'.

The pass rush IS NOT getting there and a good QB would have carved us up today.

As DE's usually take three years to develop Ealy isn't a true #1 yet, and it shows at times. Lack of foresight bit them and continues to bite em'. You let the 3rd best player on your team walk and he is immediately employed by a playoff team. 

IF Bowers can play they should have called the guy already. Oh, I forgot...