• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Eagles Fans are Saying

Jeremy Igo

Let me be the first to say....

FUG what Eagles fans say! Whatever respect you guys are gleaning from a few misc posts literally are drops compared to the rest of their fan base as well as the media thinks of us. If i had my way this thread would not even be here because what Eagles fans have to say or think (of any team) is the least meaningful.

Trash piles do occasionally yield some gold. Hurray for that. Yet who wants to dig through trash to find it? Are we that desperate for recognition from such a club to get kicks because a handful are insightful enough to see whats really up?

Fug the Eagles. I hope we pull fire alarms on them, our fans throw poo at their bus, our hookers infect their players..and our city treats them like trash. At least then they will feel right at home.

• Pie 3

Drop the trap game please.  There is no way in hell after the embarrassment Philly put on us last year are they overlooking the Eagles.

One of Rivera's greatest attributes is he was a former player.  He knows the week to week mindset and makes sure NO ONE look past the Eagles. He makes sure we keep with the "Our most important game is our Next game" mentality.

Moreover, it's not a trap game when the other team is currently 6th in the NFC. Trap game = Detroit/Chicago

• Pie 2

My good buddy who is a huge Eagles fan and generally knowledgeable football fan sent me this text last night:

"Next week should be interesting.  Both teams seem to have a top 5 defense and 1 team has a great QB with 1 good weapon while the other team has a poo QB with 6 good weapons."

Well he knows what he's talking about on offense but the Eagles a top 5 defense? Oh puh lease.

Well he knows what he's talking about on offense but the Eagles a top 5 defense? Oh puh lease.

Their D is pretty damn good, especially considering the positions Bradford puts them in with his turnovers.  They're middle of the pack (15th) in yards per game, but they're 6th in points allowed.  They'll give up yardage, but they're stingy to give up points.

Comparatively, the Panthers rank 7th in both yards per game and points allowed.

They've also forced the most turnovers in the NFL (16) compared to our 11 turnovers.  The big difference there is that the Eagles have turned the ball over themselves 14 times compared to our 5.  Our D should have opportunities to create some turnovers this week.

Edited by LinvilleGorge

Their defense has looked really good, but they have also faced 6 traditional drop back statue passers and have been able to pin their ears back and blitz while playing man on the back side.

If they do that against us they better tackle Cam or else he is going to break off huge runs on scrambles.

They also haven't faced any read option looks so it will be interesting to see if they can maintain their discipline against us.

I expect us to try and pound the ball and run clock (much like every week), to keep the defense rested for Eagles tempo.

The only game they have been halfway impressive on offense is the Saints game, and the Saints gift wrapped that with numerous defensive penalties and offensive turnovers.

Take care of the ball, finish drives, and make them drive the length of the field and not short fields and we win.

Edited by teeray
  • Pie 2

Drop the trap game please.  There is no way in hell after the embarrassment Philly put on us last year are they overlooking the Eagles.

One of Rivera's greatest attributes is he was a former player.  He knows the week to week mindset and makes sure NO ONE look past the Eagles. He makes sure we keep with the "Our most important game is our Next game" mentality.

100% Agree.

The next "trap" game on our schedule is against the Titans in a couple weeks.

A revenge game against Philly to avenge a beat down from last year

A game against the colts and the Andrew Luck hype wagon

A game against the best QB in the league and arguably the best team.

If the panthers lose to any of those teams, it won't be because of a let down.  It will be because the panthers got beat.

• Pie 5

The wide 9 left Philly with Jim Washburn back in 2012. It was actually gone before Andy Reid was fired. 

They used the wide 9 on Monday against the Giants.  I thought it was gone too.

They used it a lot against the Giants.  Only game I have watched of them this year.  Could of just been a specific matchup thing they pulled out for the week but they definitely were using it.

Edited by CRA