• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Packers Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

Last year I think the reason we dominated so much was cause you guys had such a physical tough game with the Bengals the week before that ended in a tie. I think you were flat from that. I honestly love beating up on Dallas, Seattle, New York and everyone from our division that way. Carolina is a classy team but still want to win as much as you guys do.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Packersfan said:

Last year I think the reason we dominated so much was cause you guys had such a physical tough game with the Bengals the week before that ended in a tie. I think you were flat from that. I honestly love beating up on Dallas, Seattle, New York and everyone from our division that way. Carolina is a classy team but still want to win as much as you guys do.

A brief look at what we went thru last year

We were in the middle of a 7 game re-build last year when we played in Lambeau. Most people equate what we were from Oct.-Nov. '14 to what we are now. The Dec. '14 Panthers is who we are now.

Our secondary got 80% turned over after the Packers got us at our worst at the start of that 1-8-1 skid. Our O-Line got 60% turned over in the same stretch and this off-season saw us let the worst LT in the league get hit in the azz by the door on his way out. RBs had a nasty injury bug going and we were down to our 4th string RB (Darrin Reaves anyone?) at one point in the 1-8-1 skid when the Pack played us.

Last year, Cam was dealing with the off-season ankle surgery, getting cracked ribs in pre-season game #3, and the cracked bones in his back from his Dec. truck accident. The ankle surgery was the killer, since he couldn't throw normal to his 100% brand new WR corps in OTAs, training camp, and pre-season. None of them had ever played in Carolina before. Chemistry? When could it happen? Took until December when he was healthy and he had gotten enough reps with his receivers to start putting teeth in the offense.

And let's not forget Greg Hardy being fine and dandy week 1 then the Ray Rice poo-storm costing us the player we had used our franchise tag on the next 17 games. $13 million of cap space it cost us when the NFL decided to change it's definition of due process policy in Sept. from what it was presented as in May.

We did play to a tie the week before, but a lot of those players weren't on the roster when December rolled around. Our young guys were taking over and turning things around.

Secondary you faced=CB Antoine Cason, CB Melvin White, Nickel corner Charles Godfrey, S Thomas Decoud, started getting cut after our Lambeau visit when the rookies were ready and when Josh Norman climbed out of the doghouse. O-Line you faced=LT Byron Bell, LG Amini Silatolu, RG Fernando Velasco, RT Nate Chandler all lost their starting jobs the same way the secondary did except LT Bell, who was a free agent and, ummm, encouraged, to test the free agency waters.

To top it all off, our lucky charm of a Swiss Army knife playmaker Mike Tolbert is healthy. He cracked his fibula in week 4, went on IR-DTR, then came back Dec.7 vs. New Orleans and our regular season 11 game win streak started. We were 2-1 the first 3 games of 2014 that he played the full game for, 1-7-1 during his IR visit, then 4-0 to finish the regular season when he returned.

TL;DR   Different players and circumstances than last year's game. We're not re-building this time. And that ain't Lambeau on your TV screen this Sunday.

• Pie 6

22 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

A brief look at what we went thru last year

We were in the middle of a 7 game re-build last year when we played in Lambeau. Most people equate what we were from Oct.-Nov. '14 to what we are now. The Dec. '14 Panthers is who we are now.

Our secondary got 80% turned over after the Packers got us at our worst at the start of that 1-8-1 skid. Our O-Line got 60% turned over in the same stretch and this off-season saw us let the worst LT in the league get hit in the azz by the door on his way out. RBs had a nasty injury bug going and we were down to our 4th string RB (Darrin Reaves anyone?) at one point in the 1-8-1 skid when the Pack played us.

Last year, Cam was dealing with the off-season ankle surgery, getting cracked ribs in pre-season game #3, and the cracked bones in his back from his Dec. truck accident. The ankle surgery was the killer, since he couldn't throw normal to his 100% brand new WR corps in OTAs, training camp, and pre-season. None of them had ever played in Carolina before. Chemistry? When could it happen? Took until December when he was healthy and he had gotten enough reps with his receivers to start putting teeth in the offense.

And let's not forget Greg Hardy being fine and dandy week 1 then the Ray Rice poo-storm costing us the player we had used our franchise tag on the next 17 games. $13 million of cap space it cost us when the NFL decided to change it's definition of due process policy in Sept. from what it was presented as in May.

We did play to a tie the week before, but a lot of those players weren't on the roster when December rolled around. Our young guys were taking over and turning things around.

Secondary you faced=CB Antoine Cason, CB Melvin White, Nickel corner Charles Godfrey, S Thomas Decoud, started getting cut after our Lambeau visit when the rookies were ready and when Josh Norman climbed out of the doghouse. O-Line you faced=LT Byron Bell, LG Amini Silatolu, RG Fernando Velasco, RT Nate Chandler all lost their starting jobs the same way the secondary did except LT Bell, who was a free agent and, ummm, encouraged, to test the free agency waters.

To top it all off, our lucky charm of a Swiss Army knife playmaker Mike Tolbert is healthy. He cracked his fibula in week 4, went on IR-DTR, then came back Dec.7 vs. New Orleans and our regular season 11 game win streak started. We were 2-1 the first 3 games of 2014 that he played the full game for, 1-7-1 during his IR visit, then 4-0 to finish the regular season when he returned.

TL;DR   Different players and circumstances than last year's game. We're not re-building this time. And that ain't Lambeau on your TV screen this Sunday.

Going to be a tough game for us. We havent beaten a team above .500 on the road since 2012. I honestly dont think we will win but I hope im wrong.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎58‎:‎00‎, Packersfan said:

Going to be a tough game for us. We havent beaten a team above .500 on the road since 2012. I honestly dont think we will win but I hope im wrong.

Never know. Cam's not old enough to get calls from the refs and Luke was wrongly ejected from the last Packer game when the ref grabbed him from behind and Luke swung blindly at him thinking it was a Packer trying to drag him back into a melee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ariv_ki5Aa0

Refs did everything they could to keep the Colts in the game Monday Night. So the Packers have that going for them.

Edited by O-Ther
video taken down
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, O-Ther said:

Never know. Cam's not old enough to get calls from the refs and Luke was wrongly ejected from the last Packer game when the ref grabbed him from behind and Luke swung blindly at him thinking it was a Packer trying to drag him back into a melee.

https://www.youtube.com/Ariv_ki5Aa0

Refs did everything they could to keep the Colts in the game Monday Night. So the Packers have that going for them.

I hope it is a clean officiated game. 

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Packersfan said:

I read that stat today and couldn't believe it. I think it was 0-9 against +.500 teams on the road since 2012? Would have never guessed that.

3 minutes ago, Packersfan said:

I hope it is a clean officiated game. 

You sound just like my family up there. Ahh, the upper Midwest. The last great bastion of naivety in the world.

Packers are good for business and higher ad rates with the fan base they have built over, what, 75ish years. Us being the new kids we get the red-headed stepchild treatment.

• Pie 2