• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Artistic Expressionism and the Death of the Colts

PhillyB

7 minutes ago, Cat said:

Well that was awesome. 

Are we still getting a Panther vs Packer breakdown.  In other words, me want more!

i felt my articles have become overly formulaic, so i decided to switch it up this week (and you can't turn on creativity like a faucet, so when it comes you gotta channel that poo. i spent about 30 hours on the cubist piece alone)

besides, everything i was going to say about schemes was broken down beautifully here already, so it would've been redundant.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i felt my articles have become overly formulaic, so i decided to switch it up this week (and you can't turn on creativity like a faucet, so when it comes you gotta channel that poo. i spent about 30 hours on the cubist piece alone)

besides, everything i was going to say about schemes was broken down beautifully here already, so it would've been redundant.

That's fine but if we lose....it's your fault ;) 

Edited by Cat
  • Pie 8

You outdid yourself, Philly! Great presentation & awesome paintings. Thank you for all the work I know went into this. I especially like the 2nd painting with Cam but love both. If only I had a way to channel my feelings after such a great win without jumping on the Huddle .......... sigh.

"Once in a generation the lucky man or woman may lay eyes on such a site sight and see his or her response echo through eternity."  [sorry, i'm ocd when it come to spelling & grammar; it breaks the flow like a rubber band popping]

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

Once in a generation fate bestows upon some heretofore nonchalant naif a glimpse of the divine: the ineffable wonder of something so brilliant, something so unspeakably awesome that it transcends the human collection of senses.

I'm reminded, for some reason, of the day my 2nd Divorce was finalized and I beheld, in all its glory and beauty, the words (forever etched in digital form) "Divorce Judgment". The jerking signature of the District Court Judge presiding and the cold, determined and final stamp "True Copy".

Signed, this the 4th day of November, 2015.

Brings a tear to my eye. Great job Philly. Great job.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

"Once in a generation the lucky man or woman may lay eyes on such a site sight and see his or her response echo through eternity."  [sorry, i'm ocd when it come to spelling & grammar; it breaks the flow like a rubber band popping]

good catch... got some yellow ochre on my screen there

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, PhillyB said:

These original oil-on-canvas works of art are available for purchase together as a collection. Bidding starts at $400 for the two of them. Art is an appreciating commodity, and when I win the 2017 Pulitzer Prize for literature this will be worth many times such a paltry investment.

You may submit your bids in conjunction with any excessive adulation below. :-)

So much better than some stupid ass Blue Dog reprint.   George Rodrique can suck it.  This thread contains true art.  I feel like James Watson and Francis Crick must have felt when they finished the race for the double helix.

Edited by SCP
  • Pie 3