• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Titans Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

On 11/10/2015, 7:04:23, pantherphan96 said:

If they had more of a rushing game I would be worried, but they are 20th in rushing with average RBs (Andrew and Sankey) and converted WR/RB threat type Dexter McCluster. Being an away game is tricky, but if we dominate on both lines then we should win this game easily.

Yeah you are right.  But it's worth noting that Whisenhunt was absolutely moronic with his use of the RBs.  He was literally switching guys out every 1-2 plays.  No one ever got a chance to get into a rhythm.  Last week Mularkey made Andrews "the guy" and he played very well, albeit against a poor defense.  

Sankey isn't even in the mix anymore.  Dude is garbage and hasn't even had a carry the past two weeks.  Andrews isn't anything special but he runs with authority and pick up the tough yardage.  His achilles heel is he doesn't have the greatest vision.   Unfortunately he's the best we have.  We do get David Cobb back now but he's still completely unproven. 

5 hours ago, MadHatter said:

I expect this game to be over long before halftime.

We had a kickass lead at halftime against GB and look what happened? I never underestimate teams...when you do, that's when you lose. We have to be playing EVERY game like they're the best team in the NFL

side note: I personally CANNOT go through another 4th qtr like last Sunday..I couldn't talk the next day and I about had 4 heart attacks 

Edited by Mrs Pantherfan
  • Pie 2

Re: Cam vs. Mariota    Mariota has looked like a very special player up to this point.  I do think some of you are sleeping on him because you likely haven't seen much of him.  He's the first player in NFL history to throw for 4 TDs and 0 INT in two games as a rookie (and in only 6 games) and he's currently leading the league in red zone passer rating.  The kid is good.  With that said, yes it's silly to say he's better than Cam at this point.  

You have to understand what we've been through at the QB position since Mcnair (10 years ago).... Vince Young, Kerry Collins, Chris Simms, Rusty Smith, Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Locker, Charlie Whitehurst, Zack Mettenberger.   Given that dumpster fire of a list, you should be able to see why some fans may be jumping the gun a bit and overly optimistic based on what they've seen from Mariota so far. 

I think there's a good chance your defense wrecks our OL and beats the crap out Mariota on Sunday.   But if the OL even remotely holds up I think you will all at least get a glimpse of how special Mariota looks to be. 

14 minutes ago, Mrs Pantherfan said:

We had a kickass lead at halftime against GB and look what happened? I never underestimate teams...when you do, that's when you lose. We have to be playing EVERY game like they're the best team in the NFL

side note: I personally CANNOT go through another 4th qtr like last Sunday..I couldn't talk the next day and I about had 4 heart attacks 

The Titans are NOT built, nor do they have the QB, to score points in bunches the way GB and Indy did in the 4th.  If we follow suit this week-end and build that kind of lead at halftime, the game WILL be over then.

16 minutes ago, Mrs Pantherfan said:

Yeah, it's the NFL.  There are upsets pretty much every Sunday.  NO was hot heading into week 9 and no one gave us a chance in that one either and look what happened.  I'd imagine the Saints forum was saying the same things as this one.  Granted you guys appear to be a much better team.  But we're team coming off a coaching change and a big road win.  And now that they have a bit of confidence going you can bet our guys are hungry as hell for a home win (it's been over a year).  Panthers are the clear favorites in this one but we're not as devoid of talent as most people think.  We just need to play relatively mistake free and perhaps have a couple of breaks go our way. 

To be clear though a Panthers blowout would not surprise me in the least. 

3 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

Yeah, it's the NFL.  There are upsets pretty much every Sunday.  NO was hot heading into week 9 and no one gave us a chance in that one either and look what happened.  I'd imagine the Saints forum was saying the same things as this one.  Granted you guys appear to be a much better team.  But we're team coming off a coaching change and a big road win.  And now that they have a bit of confidence going you can bet our guys are hungry as hell for a home win (it's been over a year).  Panthers are the clear favorites in this one but we're not as devoid of talent as most people think.  We just need to play relatively mistake free and perhaps have a couple of breaks go our way. 

To be clear though a Panthers blowout would not surprise me in the least. 

Sorry dude but the NO defense is absolute GARBAGE....and it took OT for you to eek that one out.  I have never seen a fanbase win one game in the last 6 and think they have turned the corner and are a team to be reckoned with.

You guys could only muster 7 points on the god awful Falcons defense....and that is a team that just lost to a Blaine Gabbert led SF team that is a dumpster fire.

You are right that this is the NFL and anything can happen.  But the ONLY way you are in this game in the 2H is if the Panthers play their worst game of the season by a mile and the Titans play by far their best game.

It is possible....but it is NOT likely.

Edited by MadHatter
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Sorry dude but the NO defense is absolute GARBAGE....and it took OT for you to eek that one out.  I have never seen a fanbase win one game in the last 6 and think they have turned the corner and are a team to be reckoned with.

You guys could only muster 7 points on the god awful Falcons defense....and that is a team that just lost to a Blaine Gabbert led SF team that is a dumpster fire.

You are right that this is the NFL and anything can happen.  But the ONLY way you are in this game in the 2H is if the Panthers play their worst game of the season by a mile and the Titans play by far their best game.

It is possible....but it is NOT likely.

I agree it's not likely.  That isn't what I was saying at all.  In fact I said it would take us playing virtually mistake free AND getting a few lucky breaks.  All I'm saying is it might be foolish to be chalking this up as an automatic W. 

As for the ATL game, a Mettenberger led offense isn't even remotely comparable to a Mariota led offense.  Mett is a statue in the pocket and consistently makes bad decisions with the football.  And again, I don't think people who weren't watching this team week in and week out really realize how much of a problem Whisenhunt and his playcalling was.  He was holding this team back plain and simple. 

1 hour ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

Yeah you are right.  But it's worth noting that Whisenhunt was absolutely moronic with his use of the RBs.  He was literally switching guys out every 1-2 plays.  No one ever got a chance to get into a rhythm.  Last week Mularkey made Andrews "the guy" and he played very well, albeit against a poor defense.  

Sankey isn't even in the mix anymore.  Dude is garbage and hasn't even had a carry the past two weeks.  Andrews isn't anything special but he runs with authority and pick up the tough yardage.  His achilles heel is he doesn't have the greatest vision.   Unfortunately he's the best we have.  We do get David Cobb back now but he's still completely unproven. 

Cobb was a guy that a lot of us wanted the Panthers to take a flyer on late in the draft, he could be a decent RB going forward. Andrews should definitely be your #1 RB going forward, he seems like a solid north-south runner. Our defense tends to dominate power RBs, however we are susceptible to getting gashed for a long run here and there. To be honest, I would be more worried if Andrews was a fast sideline to sideline runner because we lack speed at safety with Harper back ther and our tackling can be sloppy at times (asides from Kuechly and Davis) But hey, if Luke freakin McCown can dink and dunk his way down the field on our home turf, who says Mariota can't?

10 minutes ago, RealisticTitanFan said:

To add to the above, anyone who has been watching this league for long should know better than to use the "X team beat Y team and Z team beat X team" type of logic.  Teams matchup differently and like they say "any given Sunday".  

Also, is there a way to edit posts and I'm just not seeing it? 

The edit button is right beside the quote button at the bottom left of your post.

Edited by Shufdog

6 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Cobb was a guy that a lot of us wanted the Panthers to take a flyer on late in the draft, he could be a decent RB going forward. Andrews should definitely be your #1 RB going forward, he seems like a solid north-south runner. Our defense tends to dominate power RBs, however we are susceptible to getting gashed for a long run here and there. To be honest, I would be more worried if Andrews was a fast sideline to sideline runner because we lack speed at safety with Harper back ther and our tackling can be sloppy at times (asides from Kuechly and Davis) But hey, if Luke freakin McCown can dink and dunk his way down the field on our home turf, who says Mariota can't?

I've said it a bunch, but really our chances in this is all going to boil down to the OL.  If they get dominated then it's going to be a long day and I could see a blowout.  If they can play at a respectable level then I think Mariota can have some success with the quick passing game and we just might make it a ballgame.   For the record I am not optimistic that our OL can holdup.