• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revolt and Not Slow Down: an abbreviated history of Panthers vs. Cowboys

PhillyB

early weeks require early measures. i wrote most of this bleary-eyed in the terminal at denver international airport waiting for a super-delayed red eye flight (and surrounded by donkey fans.)

thankfully i didn't see any dallas jerseys. re-living these games was downright cathartic and i should probably go see a doctor about my blood pressure now.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PhillyB said:

early weeks require early measures. i wrote most of this bleary-eyed in the terminal at denver international airport waiting for a super-delayed red eye flight (and surrounded by donkey fans.)

thankfully i didn't see any dallas jerseys. re-living these games was downright cathartic and i should probably go see a doctor about my blood pressure now.

Yeah, after reading this, I probably should too. I have blocked so much of this out. Can't wait to see what the officials have in store for us Thursday 

• Pie 1

Love the writing style. I laughed out loud at many points in the article. 

Some pre 2005 games that you didn't write about

2003 -  we get beat by quincy Carter and the Cowboys defense blitzes us all damn day long. At least we got revenge in the playoffs. 

2002 - we lost 14-13, also to quincy Carter after blowing a 13-0 lead in the 4th. A tuck rule call allows the Cowboys to keep the ball on their game winning drive. 

Edited by BIGH2001
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, PhillyB said:

How, exactly:

• They can revolt by taking down a mid-tier Cowboys secondary forced to start rookie free safety Byron Jones in place of injured CB Morris Claiborne. The Dolphins beat him like a drum all day.
  • They can revolt by stifling a suddenly vulnerable-looking Cowboys offensive line that consists of Doug Free struggling against speed rushers and interior guards susceptible to talented, stunting under tackles (like Kawann Short.) 
  • They can revolt by frustrating an incredibly emotional Dez Bryant into making stupid, game-losing plays (or lack of plays entirely.)
  • They can revolt by forcing Tony Romo into impressively desperate throws that invariably turn into picks, as happened multiple times against the Dolphins.
  • They can revolt by grinding out tough ground yards against a Cowboys defensive line susceptible to undisciplined run defense, poor contain, and consistently leaving gaping holes between guard and tackle.

How does the Cowboys' pass rush and running game look?

Edited by pantherking15

14 minutes ago, pantherking15 said:

How does the Cowboys' pass rush and running game look?

pass rush is hot/cold. i can't really key in on it exactly (and i haven't watched enough game film to give you any meaningful breakdowns there.) they are 23rd in sacks and dead last in forced fumbles, for whatever that's worth.

running game has been pretty good (especially with romo behind center) but mcfadden pulled his groin or something against the dolphins and he's questionable for sunday.