• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revolt and Not Slow Down: an abbreviated history of Panthers vs. Cowboys

PhillyB

Just now, PhillyB said:

oh yeah speaking of which, everyone go read this awesome blog post by @Moorgan and help me decide whether or not i've ripped off his brilliance yet again

Ha! Mine had nothing to do with football. You're blending of the narratives is a skill all your own. I'm reminded of DJ Danger Mouse and the Grey Album. Jay Z and the Beatles merged? Brilliant and unique. Bravo my friend.

24 minutes ago, ItsNotGonnaBeAlright said:

You're in Huddle country. We remember preseason games in intimate detail.

My first reaction to your accusation was "Hyperbole!".

then just as quickly I remembered Cams first start against the Bengals.  His first rushing TD where he bulldozed that DB to get in the end zone.  Buying his Reebok jersey in the team store for me and a 00 onesie for my newborn son.

so, uh, good call.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

My first reaction to your accusation was "Hyperbole!".

then just as quickly I remembered Cams first start against the Bengals.  His first rushing TD where he bulldozed that DB to get in the end zone.  Buying his Reebok jersey in the team store for me and a 00 onesie for my newborn son.

so, uh, good call.

August 13, 2011

Preseason Game 1 at home against the Giants. This was the NFL debut of one Cam Newton (2nd on the depth chart behind the mighty Jimmy Clausen) who had a mediocre showing leading a couple of field goal drives.

Highlight of the night was rookie receiver Kealoha Pilares juking Giants' Ninth stringers out of their shoes en route to a 35 yard touchdown off of a Derek Anderson pass. We were crowning Pilates as the eventual replacement for Steve Smith and debating whether or not Cam should sit a year while DA was the starter the next week.

Good times.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Clubber Lang said:

I gotta lot more emails and user names.....Panthro why was I banned?  If you ban someone you need to give an explanation...dude...if it's name calling, then I wasn't the first to do that....you're a poor MOD....I will file a formal complaint against you, "see ya" .....name your excuse for banning next time.

oh poo a formal complaint. i would let this one go in the interest of self preservation panthro

3 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

I gotta lot more emails and user names.....Panthro why was I banned?  If you ban someone you need to give an explanation...dude...if it's name calling, then I wasn't the first to do that....you're a poor MOD....I will file a formal complaint against you, "see ya" .....name your excuse for banning next time.

lol this is pathetic 

This one is indeed personal.  It ain't just the team, it's the fanbase that I hate.  I hate Dallas fans like they hate proper hygiene, humility, football knowledge, grammar, critical and argumentative thinking, and map literacy. 
If they're America's team, well, NC seceded once.  If being a fan of that team makes one American, count me damned proud to not be one then.

The hell with Dallas, the hell with the Redskins, and the hell with the media. 

If Carolina plays with my intensity right as of this moment, you can proceed to call us the Chicxulub Panthers and you can call the Dallas Victims fossils.

• Pie 1