• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Cowboys Gameday Thread

Jeremy Igo

I'm beginning to wonder what the record number of takeaways is in a season.

Also, what's the record for points scored off of takeaways.

Our numbers are getting pretty insane.  But I've not done any research.  I've not heard anyone talking of us getting near a record, so perhaps we're nowhere close, but boy, the points we're scoring off of turnovers is just AMAZING.  107 of our points.

Ok I just got back home. Man I wish I could've shared the moments with you guys. The 2 pick sixes left me as giddy as a teenage girl at a Justin Bieber concert. The 3rd INT, 2nd for Kuechly, had me feeling like this game was ours and theres not a single chance for the Cowboys to comeback. I think on one of our redzone trips where we threw 3 consecutive passes, we should've ran it more. I think we could've scored a TD there. Overall, it was a relaxing game for me. Definitely glad it wasn't a nail biter after stuffing myself full of food. 

BTW has anyone else noticed something off about Kalil? He just hasn't been on top of his game lately. He didn't snap the ball twice when Cam wanted the ball and was beaten terribly in our own territory resulting in a sack. I hope he can recover his all-pro form real soon. Anyway, I'm so glad we beat Dallas in their own stadium. fug the Cowboys! 11-0 bitches. WOOOO!

• Pie 4

I just got home as well. So much food. Had to have late-night leftover mac and cheese and pork butts. That was an excellent game and our defense, especially Luke, TD and Norman, was otherworldly good. Cam was tha gawd. 

One thing that really impressed me was how well we ran the ball for the most part. It wasn't breaking huge plays, but when you're getting 6-7 yards on most handoffs, you're able to control the clock. And when you aren't making mistakes with the ball, that becomes even more of an advantage. 

It's still barely sunk in that we're 11-0. It's just awesome.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, KB_fan said:

I'm beginning to wonder what the record number of takeaways is in a season.

Also, what's the record for points scored off of takeaways.

Our numbers are getting pretty insane.  But I've not done any research.  I've not heard anyone talking of us getting near a record, so perhaps we're nowhere close, but boy, the points we're scoring off of turnovers is just AMAZING.  107 of our points.

I looked it up and we are not close.

We have 28 and the record is 66 by sd in 1961 and 63 by seattle in 1984.    Those records are insane since they were 12 and 14 game seasons.

• Pie 1

So during Ron's post-game press conference, he said this about Norman's unsportsmanlike conduct call:

"I get it, we're at their place," Rivera said. "That's what the referee said to me, and I can't argue that. If it would have been at our place, it wouldn't have been a big deal."

So are the refs admitting that they purposefully call flags on some teams and not others? It shouldn't matter which team is celebrating - either throw the flag at both teams or don't throw the flag at both teams. Just be consistent and don't use the "you're the visiting team, you can't celebrate" excuse.  'Cause that rule ain't in the rulebook.

I thought this was funny quote from our good old David Newton

Panthers' playoff picture is pristine

car.png&w=110&h=110A whole lot of defense and just a dab of offense helped the Panthers roll over the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. Carolina is cruising with a favorable schedule the rest of the way and an eye on j̶o̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶a̶t̶r̶i̶o̶t̶s̶   (Being the only team that has ;D)  a perfect 16-0 regular season.

Edited by Hoenheim