• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Saints Fans are Saying

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

sorry, dude. I can't agree with the Cam = the panthers line. Cam is not more valuable than our entire defense. Also, saying Cam is our entire offense is an insult to the OL, Greg Olsen, Stewart and everyone else out there balling and making plays for the team.

Cam is certainly the MVP of the team, and maybe even the league, but the team wins as a team. Put Cam on the Browns, or most other teams, and they aren't 11-0. There are a number of QBs who could replace cam on this team, and we are 11-0, or close to it.

This is a great team. Cam is the greatest part of this team, but he is not the team.

While I agree with most of your post, aside the ELITES, I don't see a Matt Ryan or Romo leading this Offense with the options (or lack of) at the receiver position. I'm sorry, I just can't buy that. But solid post.

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, SOJA said:

"the team they have put around Cam"

Cam is the fuging team 

That's not fair, we have a squad fuller of killers. Luke, TD, Norman, Short, CJ, Stew, Olsen, Kalil, All these guys are playing at the top of their positions respectively. Saying Cam is the whole team is discrediting a lot of people. The team knows this is a team sport and are playing for eachother. We as fans should take notice and feel the same. They all do their jobs and they all deserve recognition 

Edited by CarolinaCoolin

17 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

There are a number of QBs who could replace cam on this team, and we are 11-0, or close to it.

Ehhhhhh. I don't know about that.

How many of those QB's can replicate what he brings to the run game, which in turn opens up our passing game?

Not only pure rushing yardage, and touchdowns, but those crucial 3rd down conversions at critical points in games.

There isn't another Cam Newton in the NFL right now.

Edited by TheRed
  • Pie 1

17 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

sorry, dude. I can't agree with the Cam = the panthers line. Cam is not more valuable than our entire defense. Also, saying Cam is our entire offense is an insult to the OL, Greg Olsen, Stewart and everyone else out there balling and making plays for the team.

Cam is certainly the MVP of the team, and maybe even the league, but the team wins as a team. Put Cam on the Browns, or most other teams, and they aren't 11-0. There are a number of QBs who could replace cam on this team, and we are 11-0, or close to it.

This is a great team. Cam is the greatest part of this team, but he is not the team.

I don't disagree with everything you are saying...

but name 2 QBs you could put in this Cam centric rush O that could have us 11-0?

Cam's power running and ability to evade in manners no other NFL QB can just can't be matched....and our O is built and thrived around it. 

• Pie 1

Cam is 5th in the NFL in rushing 1st downs 

Cam is 3rd in rushing TDs.

Our offense depends on that.  Everyone talks about his rushing TDs but it is his first downs that make him the monster for opponents.  No one talks about them but his career numbers are crazy in terms of picking on first downs (and that is why you can't compare him to anyone else in the game )

• Pie 6

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cam is 5th in the NFL in rushing 1st downs 

Cam is 3rd in rushing TDs.

Our offense depends on that.  Everyone talks about his rushing TDs but it is his first downs that make him the monster for opponents.  No one talks about them but his career numbers are crazy in terms of picking on first downs (and that is why you can't compare him to anyone else in the game )

I like to pick on first downs too... it's fun!!

Also, I completely agree man. Nice job summarizing.

Edited by Raskle

1 hour ago, thebigcat said:

we let the backup generator torch us with the quick slant passes last time against us.... the Saints should not be taken lightly, they unseated ATL when they were 5-0

Atlanta was smoke and mirrors at the beginning of the season.  All the saints did in that game is prove that Atlanta is actually just as bad as the Saints.

• Pie 3