• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings @ Cardinals TNF Thread

The Huddler

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

Vikings are likely going to lose the 5th seed to the Seahawks, so that means the Hawks will have to play whatever team comes out of the NFC East in that team's stadium... I'd be pretty damn worried if I was a Hawks fan because you just know that team's gonna have some fuging luck in that game and I'd put my money on them.

...except the NFC east is hot garbage and they'll roll right over them.  5th seed basically gets a bye this year, lol

edit:  Eagles actually don't matchup too badly with them.  I hope they make it

3 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Seattle is getting hot at the right time.  AZ is a very good team this year, but wouldn't be surprised to see Seahawks beat the Cardinals in Glendale.  Vikings almost did it tonight.

Wouldn't matter if they did. I would wager money that we have the 1 seed locked up and they have the 2 seed locked up before week 17 and the Cards could be in a position where they could even rest starters.

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

Wouldn't matter if they did. I would wager money that we have the 1 seed locked up and they have the 2 seed locked up before week 17 and the Cards could be in a position where they could even rest starters.

More than likely you are correct.  However, wouldn't mind seeing AZ head into the playoffs with another loss or two to help undermine their confidence.

2 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

This....anyone who watched that game and is afraid of Arizona, you are delusional.

They are a "good" team....but we are flat out better.

This time of year, you see teams start showing their "true" identity, and what they'll, most likely, look like in the playoffs.  There's nobody that flat out scares me.  There are some good teams, that will be very tough, but I feel like we match up really well with everyone right now.

16 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

This....anyone who watched that game and is afraid of Arizona, you are delusional.

I can't help but wonder if some Arizona fans watched our game against NO and thought "we are certainly better than that team"  :)

The phrase "afraid of" is over used here and elsewhere.  I doubt any of our players, and probably very few of our fans, are afraid of Arizona, or Minnesota, or Seattle etc...  But imo, Arizona is good enough to beat us if we don't play at a high level against them.  Its not fear, its just a realistic assessment of the teams.  If it comes down to us and them in the NFC championship game, I think we would beat them, but it would certainly be a close and hard fought game.  They played us very tough last year, and their qb was basically some guy.  We are better now, but then so are they. 

10 hours ago, Camvp said:

...except the NFC east is hot garbage and they'll roll right over them.  5th seed basically gets a bye this year, lol

edit:  Eagles actually don't matchup too badly with them.  I hope they make it

They said the same thing about whoever got the NFC South Champ last season in the WC round.....and we won.

Stop with the stupid posts.

11 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I can't help but wonder if some Arizona fans watched our game against NO and thought "we are certainly better than that team"  :)

The phrase "afraid of" is over used here and elsewhere.  I doubt any of our players, and probably very few of our fans, are afraid of Arizona, or Minnesota, or Seattle etc...  But imo, Arizona is good enough to beat us if we don't play at a high level against them.  Its not fear, its just a realistic assessment of the teams.  If it comes down to us and them in the NFC championship game, I think we would beat them, but it would certainly be a close and hard fought game.  They played us very tough last year, and their qb was basically some guy.  We are better now, but then so are they. 

Honestly, if our defense is healthy, and our offense plays smart and clean, I think we can flatten them.  If you look at the missed opportunities the Vikings had?  Those are opportunities our defense normally cashes in on, and I think that is one of the main differences between a good and great defense.  Likewise on offense, protecting the ball will be essential, which until last week, we had done very well.

If we play like we did against the Saints, I think it ends up a shoot-out, just like the Saints.  The Saints are a worse team than the Cardinals by far, but they played above their collective talent levels because of the foe they were facing.

43 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Yup!

Minnesota, has 3 turnovers

Cardinals should have had 3 turnovers (INT's) that Minnesota misses.

Minnesota offense and QB makes bonehead mistake that could tie game with a field goal at the end, and Arizona still only wins by 3 pts.

Yeah, some kinda juggernaut. LOL

I see Palmer getting sacked and picked by the Carolina defense, playing the Panthers (knock on wood), amongst other things.

38 minutes ago, JakeR6 said:

33 points on Sunday and Carolina will surpass Arizona in points scored. And before anyone undoubtedly brings up "but teh defense scoars all our points," Arizona has a better defense than Carolina and;

ARI- 43 Off TD, 3 Def TD, 1 kickoff TD

CAR- 38 Off TD, 4 Def TD

Yup Believe all this 100%.

It's very rare for a team to average 30+ pts a game, having a big points differential, and not get some help from their defense. So I'm not surprised by those stats at all.

This needs to be shouted out. And yes, I would love to see the Panthers score 33+ this weekend, just to have the national media have to slither out of their caves and admit/say this. Boy, that would get their goat and destroy their preset memes!

Ha!

29 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I am not basing my assertion on that one game.

They needed a gift to beat SF....they lost to a Nick Foles led team....they lost to a Landry Jones led team...they barely beat a mediocre Minn team without its 3 best defensive players.

They are a good team....not a dominant team.

Archived