• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Along the Sidelines - Falcons at Panthers

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Everyone gets a ring.

1 hour ago, ItsNotGonnaBeAlright said:

IR and practice squad will get rings. Most likely every player who was on the roster at any point in the season for any reason in any capacity will get one.

1 hour ago, Floppin said:

The NFL gives the winning team 150 rings to distribute as they see fit. The team can then purchase as many additional rings as they desire. 

Well, thanks guys for 3 different answers. I know the new CBA changed the rules for IR besides IR-designated-to-return. Because it use to be that when a player was put on IR he was treated as if he was no longer a part of the team, not allowed at practice & definitely not allowed on the sidelines. Ask Kris Jenkins. Sometimes even kept out of the team facility. You could ask Steve McNair about that but he's no longer with us. I'm glad the rules have changed. It helps the team as well as the player on IR.

The NFL pays for the cost of 150 rings to the winning team, at roughly $5,000 apiece, depending upon the fluctuating cost of gold and diamonds. The winning team can typically present rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster or injured), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have also been known to give rings to former players and coaches that were on the team at some point during the season, despite not having been on the winning roster for the Super Bowl itself.[1][2] Sometimes a team will give rings to fans as part of a charity raffle.[3] Teams can distribute any number of rings, but must pay for any over the 150-ring limit. A recent trend over the last 15–20 years has been lesser rings awarded to front office staff. These are commonly called "B" and "C" level rings and are smaller and contain fewer diamonds or contain faux diamonds. The first instance of this was the Redskins Super Bowl XVII ring when many in the front office received rings that were not solid gold and contained cubic zirconia stones (which resemble diamonds). When Tampa Bay won Super Bowl XXXVII, the players and coaches received rings with a diamond-centered Lombardi trophy. Some staff received rings with a metal Lombardi trophy and real diamonds surrounding the trophy and the "C" level ring did not contain any diamonds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_ring

So it is up to the owner as to who gets a ring. Heck, Kraft gave one to Putin. It also use to be that players on IR did not. So let us hope that JR's heart has grown bigger than it was when he drew his pie chart because it very well could be that not everyone gets a ring, not A or B or C, for the Super Bowl or NFC/AFC Champion (i.e. Super Bowl loser). Ask Bill Rosinski. Thus, I said:

1 hour ago, GRWatcher said:

When we win the Super Bowl, I hope they consider rings for those on IR because they continue to help while healing not to mention their play before being hurt.

But thanks for your help! ;)

Edited by GRWatcher
tongue in cheek, guys!!

Photos are great as always, Jeremy. Glad you got one of Kelvin enjoying this win and the you're so right, Dave Gettlemen, the architect of this 13-0, should be the GM of the Year. He has assembled many of the pieces of this great team. 

I look forward to seeing the rest of this great season, getting Kelvin back and seeing Gettleman continuing to do his magic. This team is magic....your photos are too!!

• Pie 1