• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rejuvenated Giants Target Panthers

Jeremy Igo

Part of me wants to be cautious.  But the bigger part says the Panthers are what we think they are.  The defense is going to shut them down.  Cam is going show NY what a real NFL QB looks like.  Against the pass D Cam is going to break the record for TD's in a game.  The only thing that can slow this team down is Ron Rivera.  (Not that I would blame him for calling off the dogs)

Our GM is from the Giants and is NY through and through but don't think for a minute he doesn't want to show up his old team.  We're not rolling up to teams hoping we can hang on and beat them.  We're taking mofo's to the woodshed and every team we play from here on out is invited. 

Did you see Ron going postal on his team during the Atlanta game.  No more second guessing, no more letting up on teams, no more southern hospitality.  We're like Sherman's army on a path to the sea, only we're taking the scenic route!

• Pie 1

I wouldnt be surprised if Josh plays man on OBJ and follows him all over the field especially if we he scores an early TD. After we shut down the run and make them have to catch us as we score 21 on them in the first half, they will be be dimensional and that is when the defense feasts. Unless this game is close at half, I think we are resting starters in the 4th.  This Giants team is not the giant killers they were when they knocked off undefeated teams in the past.  If we lose it will be our fault and not due to them playing that great.

32 minutes ago, Haplo E said:

One thing I give them, their website is fast. The huddle often time eat up to 1gb of memory and constantly freeze my browser. The old huddle use to be fast too, not sure what happens.

I'm sure the 13-0 record probably has helped increase traffic to the huddle.  I would guess that has contributed to speed of the site.

1 hour ago, Haplo E said:

One thing I give them, their website is fast. The huddle often time eat up to 1gb of memory and constantly freeze my browser. The old huddle use to be fast too, not sure what happens.

Glad to see that this isn't just my computers; my laptop and desktop freeze up on this site but it's where I get most of my Panther-related news from.  Hopefully it's just traffic-related.

58 minutes ago, Haplo E said:

As I type this, Task Manager is showing that firefox is using 1.4 gb of memory. I don't think it's just the traffic. Something's afoul with the server. This is the only site I experience that with. Reminiscent of those old Windows 98 freeze.

It's not really firefox using the memory most time, it is flashplayer, which will will cause the plug in container that is part of firefox to swell.. What happens is flash is used to stream content from server to client and if the code on the server side isn't written really well, it cause flash to use memory and never release it. If you watch it over say 5 to 10 minutes, especially after coming to this site, the amount of memory being used will steadily go up.

• Pie 2