• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Giants Fans Are Saying

Jeremy Igo

9 hours ago, cbarrier90 said:

This Giants team probably has the best chance to knock off Seattle in the playoffs if they are the 4/5 matchup, not that those chances are very good anyway.

A great tune up game for the playoffs and to see what we have in the secondary.

I'm not advocating losing on purpose but if the Panthers had to lose a game, with Atlanta next week and the Cardinals not having the easiest of schedules to finish the season, this wouldn't be that "bad" of a loss in the grand scheme of things.

The Giants defense is too bad to even give Eli/Beckham a chance to win. IMO, it's the Eagles. They've got the weapons and O-line to contest against Seattle. More importantly, they have the front 7 to disrupt Wilson. I also think Maxwell would want to play well against his previous team. If the Eagles beat the Cardinals, they will roll into the playoffs with some serious momentum. Remember this Eagles team somehow beat the Patriots in New England.

Edited by pantherking15

7 hours ago, CRA said:

I think Beckham Jr and Antonio Brown are the two best WRs in the game. 

I don't expect us to be running a ton of man with our current CB situation.  That means Giants can dictate some scenarios in regards to who will be covering Beckham Jr.  

So some big pass plays definitely could be made we aren't use to seeing....Personally, I hope I am wrong and despite having issues at CB they run a lot of man w/ Norman on Beckham.  My guess is just that the man coverage would be asking a lot of our #2 CB and nickel CB at this point.

also, it will be interesting to see what our run game is.  Stewart has been it...and he hasn't really had holes, just dragging dudes.  What will the impact of not having him be and how will that impact our O?  Will we be a heavy Tobert/Fozzy O?  Or will the rookies make their debut?

Definitely an exciting game.  Even w/ injuries, Giants have bad defense, can't run, and a one man WR offense.....Carolina should win. 

We've got 2 sub-24 year-olds to run rough-shod over a terrible defensive front that's been banged all to hell all season long.

thise fresh legs along with some screen passes to a 5'9 bowling ball is gonna have an effect early and often until the Beason-less Gnats defense just folds. 

They'll be so concerned about Keeping Cam in the pocket that they won't even realize that the pocket is where Cam excels and I can easily see Ginn breezing by safeties who are too worried about Olsen, Cotchery and run support.

GMan knows the Giants...I mean, that is where we hired him from am I right?

oh yeah, Funchess is looking less and less like a rookie each and every game and CBrown is no slouch either.

Ed Dickson is looking really comfortable as well and is becoming a playmaker right before our eyes.

i would say that our Panthers will be as familiar with the Giants as any other team they have faced this year and I don't rank OBJ any higher than Julio Jones, nor do I rank Eli any higher than Matt Ryan.

Cant wait to see how CJ$ performs with that chip on his shoulder and how amped Ealy is after so many mental mistakes over the past few weeks. 

Just crossing my fingers that Peanut is truly ready to play and if Finnegan and Shaq can help create some coverage sacks in the nickel. 

Edited by TheNewStandard
  • Pie 1

I expect the Giants to hit a few big plays with OBJ and score 17-20 points (about par for what they have been doing most of the season). 

The problem is that their defense will not be able to slow the offensive roll that the Panthers are on.....we score over 30 again without breaking much of a sweat.  The Giants defense is just that bad.

1 minute ago, MadHatter said:

I expect the Giants to hit a few big plays with OBJ and score 17-20 points (about par for what they have been doing most of the season). 

The problem is that their defense will not be able to slow the offensive roll that the Panthers are on.....we score over 30 again without breaking much of a sweat.  The Giants defense is just that bad.

Could this be the game where our dink and dunk offense is implemented to woo-the safeties away from Ginn and Funchess?

Just now, TheNewStandard said:

Could this be the game where our dink and dunk offense is implemented to woo-the safeties away from Ginn and Funchess?

I don't think so. 

We will keep doing what we have been doing all season.....why in the world would we change our offensive philosophy when we are playing the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL.

• Pie 1

Guy at work has been squawking all year about his Giants team even though they have had a bad year. That's fine I respect his love for his team but it is over the line annoying. The funny thing is the last two days not a peep from him. I even slow walked past his area today  and said Go Panthers while grinning. He just turned away.  

Thank you Panthers for helping me be more obnoxious than usual.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, MadHatter said:

.well look at that. Amukamara burn rate at 64. Ginn's mouth is watering.