• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Star Wars TFA Discussion <Spoilers>

Darth Biscuit

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Soooooooo... did anyone notice the supposed huge plot leaks about E8 and beyond?

I have to say, it is a very interesting story if true... I'm kind of hoping the rumors/leaks are legit tbqh.

You gonna link the spoilers or just cock tease us all?

On 5/9/2016 at 11:38 AM, CarolinaCoolin said:

You gonna link the spoilers or just cock tease us all?

Well, I did a little more research and it appears there have been several potential leaks...

The initial one I posted about here, which I have now decided I don't really want to be true is that...

Rather than Rey being Luke's daughter like we all assume at this point, there is going to be a moment of dialogue in which she says to Luke something along the lines of "You are my father" to which Luke reacts, and corrects her with "No, YOU are MY father."

Essentially, it is that Rey is the perpetual proverbial "chosen one" that Anakin was also an embodiment of, that will supposedly bring balance to the Force, but that balance is cyclical and that indeed, Rey is the literal rebirth/reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker, and that she was born much like he was, without a father (although no mention of midichlorians is made.)

I really doubt they go that route, but who knows. If you connect some dots, though, that theory is at least plausible...

Rey has an attachment to the lightsaber (it belonged to Anakin before Luke)

Rey has no memory of a mother, nor a father

Rey hopped into the Falcon and had very little learning curve, and Anakin was a pilot very young (Boonta Eve anyone)

Rey is obviously strong in the ways of the Force

2 minutes ago, Bronn said:

Well, I did a little more research and it appears there have been several potential leaks...

The initial one I posted about here, which I have now decided I don't really want to be true is that...

Rather than Rey being Luke's daughter like we all assume at this point, there is going to be a moment of dialogue in which she says to Luke something along the lines of "You are my father" to which Luke reacts, and corrects her with "No, YOU are MY father."

Essentially, it is that Rey is the perpetual proverbial "chosen one" that Anakin was also an embodiment of, that will supposedly bring balance to the Force, but that balance is cyclical and that indeed, Rey is the literal rebirth/reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker, and that she was born much like he was, without a father (although no mention of midichlorians is made.)

I really doubt they go that route, but who knows. If you connect some dots, though, that theory is at least plausible...

Rey hopped into the Falcon and had very little learning curve, and Anakin was a pilot very young (Boonta Eve anyone)

Yeah no that sounds dumb. Just make Luke her father 

Just now, CarolinaCoolin said:

Yeah no that sounds dumb. Just make Luke her father 

I realllllly think it is speculation at this point, but I could see something like that happening. It would piggyback the nostalgia angle, tying all the movies together and basically making Anakin Skywalker the perpetual omnipotent pro/antagonist.

I did note, if not on the Huddle, that Daisy Ridley has a very noticeable similar look to the kid that played Anakin in E1, Jake Lloyd...

1 hour ago, Bronn said:

I read the same plot leak and found it pretty interesting. My one quarrel with it though is that it would diminish Luke's power and importance. From what we have come to understand Luke is what Anakin should have been. Lucas even  states that Luke has the same potential as his father did. That sort of implies that Luke is also the chosen one. 

I know Lucas has flipped flopped a lot in the past and he doesn't even own the story anymore but I think a plot like that puts a cap on Luke's importance.

I think you are going to piss off a whole lot of fanboys if you even mention the word: midichlorians....fug if you google "midichlorians" the first link to come up is: "midichlorians ruined star wars." 

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

I think you are going to piss off a whole lot of fanboys if you even mention the word: midichlorians....fug if you google "midichlorians" the first link to come up is: "midichlorians ruined star wars." 

It was a dumb idea. They should have left it at "potential" and that's it.

Archived