• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's Clear Case for MVP

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

May have been said, but our WR's YAC also ranks dead last in the league (or close to it).  Could be attributed to some of Cam's "lack" of passing yards...and obviously the drops. 

Imagine how many more TD's and  yards Cam could have next year with KB, and an improved Funchess (and hopefully Philly)?

They'll, still have some drops though. LOL

The thing isfor me when it comes to MVP. You cant compare it to the best QB. When defensive players can be considered as MVP, you cant base it all on TDs. You have to look at the whole overall game of the player. In this sense its a no brainer. Cam has done the most this year and with sub par weapons. At the beginning of the year, receivers were dropping the ball alot. Cam by far even if they were 9-7 with those stats has had his best year ever. Next year he will be better with KB back. But this is only the beginning for Cam. This is a dynasty in the making.

7 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Imagine how many yards passing he would have made if he hadn't been working with a short field so many times thanks to our defense. 

Good point. Really do wonder if this is a good stat, or a bad stat? Will our D take credit away from Cam? Or will folks take into account that Cam can only work with what he was given? And did an absolute beastly job of doing so.

6 hours ago, TheRed said:

Marcell Dareus was a popular option here at the time. Even Gabbert had a few admirers.

I'll admit it. I was on the draft Dareus, then suck for Luck crowd. Hey...I ain't perfect. Obviously.

6 hours ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

When your defense is #1 in turnovers, and as a team we're +20.....we're going to have a lot of short fields.  Couple that with we run the ball 50% of the time.  Cam throwing for 3,800 yards is really like throwing for 4,500 yards if he was on a team that is "average" in turnover differential, and throws it more 65/35, versus running.

Damm you. I wanted to say this. If we threw the ball more, there really would not be any of that "But look at Cam's yards" crap.

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know anybody like that.

Heck, some morons here didn't want Kuechly either.

That's not entirely accurate. You didn't seem to want Newton prior to the draft. You weren't as down on him as TRD and grits were, but it was pretty close. To your credit, you let up quite a bit after he was drafted, from what I can remember. I'd love to reread some of those old threads.

5 hours ago, whatever said:

That's not entirely accurate. You didn't seem to want Newton prior to the draft. You weren't as down on him as TRD and grits were, but it was pretty close. To your credit, you let up quite a bit after he was drafted, from what I can remember. I'd love to reread some of those old threads.

It wasn't meant to be accurate. I was joking (pretty sure Red got that).

I was also one of the 'morons' who hated the Kuechly pick.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

Good point. Really do wonder if this is a good stat, or a bad stat? Will our D take credit away from Cam? Or will folks take into account that Cam can only work with what he was given? And did an absolute beastly job of doing so.

I'll admit it. I was on the draft Dareus, then suck for Luck crowd. Hey...I ain't perfect. Obviously.

Damm you. I wanted to say this. If we threw the ball more, there really would not be any of that "But look at Cam's yards" crap.

It's also Rivera.

Anytime the Panthers, get a 17+ lead, they always appear to tamp things down and run the ball like crazy.

Most coaches, still have their QB's in the game, padding their stats right up until the 4min mark of the 4th Qtr.

Most fans and reporters don't know, and see this.

Edited by FootballMaestro
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Beast Mode said:

Honest question, how many TD's did Ginn drop this year AND .. how many of those came on drives that didn't result in points? 

I can think of off the top of my head 6. Possibly more. And all were long (over 50 yards). I do believe though that on a fair amount of those drives we still scored. I remember immediately after a wide open bomb dropped by Ginn we went right back to him for a long TD the next play. Another question is how many of Cam's 10 INT were off the receiver's hands? He threw 2 against you guys and 1 was off of Funchess' hands that he should've caught and I think the other was either a bad decision or was tipped up at the line. He threw 3 picks against the Eagles, another off of Funchess' hands that should've been caught and right into the defender. One was a bad pass and the other was one that Ginn caught, took 2 steps and his knee hit down just before the defender stripped the ball but they ruled it an INT. Then there was former Seahawk Norwood's dropped TD pass that went right off of his hands and into the defenders. Should've been a TD instead of an INT. Forget which game that was.

• Pie 1