• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt's Take on Feeley

Urrymonster

He feels that this signing is more an indication we have no faith in more

...In fact, Feeley's signing tells me much more about their comfort level in Matt Moore than it does their comfort level with Delhomme. If they were confident Moore was a long-term answer, they'd have probably saved the money and promoted Hunter Cantwell from the practice squad, or just waited for Josh McCown to get well (6-to-8 weeks, I'm told)...

http://www.heraldonline.com/665?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&insiteUserId=ded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913&plckPostId=Blog%3aded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913Post%3abf6ceb9a-1c4d-4d2a-801c-3cc9cc506f7c&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Seems Matt Moore may not be seeing the back up spot to Delhomme like many were hoping. Frankly, whilst he showed good poise on Sunday, he also was nearly picked off on a couple of other occassions. Despite that, I still think he should be given a shot if Delhomme struggles again. I will even gladly accept Feeley getting a shot if Delhomme struggles again.

Hidden

He feels that this signing is more an indication we have no faith in more

In fact, Feeley's signing tells me much more about their comfort level in Matt Moore than it does their comfort level with Delhomme. If they were confident Moore was a long-term answer, they'd have probably saved the money and promoted Hunter Cantwell from the practice squad, or just waited for Josh McCown to get well (6-to-8 weeks, I'm told).[Q/]

http://www.heraldonline.com/665?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&insiteUserId=ded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913&plckPostId=Blog%3aded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913Post%3abf6ceb9a-1c4d-4d2a-801c-3cc9cc506f7c&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Wasn't McCown on IR by the time he posted this? Does he even pay attention to what's going on with the team?

Of course he knew McCown was injured and on IR. He was stating that if we had a big belief in Moore in being able to step up, we would have waited for McCown to rest up so that he could take on the third QB roles once healed rather than placing him on IR. With Moore filling in the back up QB, they could have promoted Hunter, then demoted him once McCown was ready.

What he is basically saying, is that in the FOs eyes, there is no 'second' QB on the roster and that is the role that Feeley will fill in.

Did you even read the blog? It makes it pretty clear...

Yeah I read it and Moore will be #2, at least for the next month. Feeley won't just walk in and be the #2 QB. Not with Fox as the Coach.

Aware of that. His point was why get someone who is only going to edge out Moore in the pecking order if you are that high on Moore. His reasoning is that they simply aren't that high on Moore. Feeley simply will not push Delhomme out the starting spot, but the way Fox prefers vets in the QB position, expect Feeley to be the primary back up once he is up to speed. Hence Moore will be back to being third string quicker than you would expect.

Of course he knew McCown was injured and on IR. He was stating that if we had a big belief in Moore in being able to step up, we would have waited for McCown to rest up so that he could take on the third QB roles once healed rather than placing him on IR. With Moore filling in the back up QB, they could have promoted Hunter, then demoted him once McCown was ready.

Where did it say anything about waiting for McCown to rest up and take the third QB role? Is there a page I didn't see? :confused:

If they were confident Moore was a long-term answer, they'd have probably saved the money and promoted Hunter Cantwell from the practice squad, or just waited for Josh McCown to get well (6-to-8 weeks, I'm told).

The Panthers brought in McCown last year and he immediately became the #2 (when Moore was hurt) and remained the #2 until Sunday when he got hurt. If the Panthers thought Moore was the answer, Moore would have been #2 when he returned from his injury last year and/or he would have been #2 this year. To me, this shows a huge mistake by the Panthers. IF they did not think Moore was the long-term solution/heir to Jake, why keep him? Also, IF they thought McCown was the long-term solution/heir to Jake, why did they put him on IR when he would be healthy in 4-weeks or so?

Over the last few years, there have been no young QB's the Panthers saw that they could have brought in to develop if there current mix (Moore, McCown) wasn't the solution? This surprises me more than them sticking with Jake this season.

As badly as Jake has played, the Panthers must still think he is the best option for them. This is hard to believe, and frankly discouraging, but it is what it is. And if you look at the waiver wire, there really are no other decent options for QB right now. Anyone they could bring in now would only be a bandage on a huge wound.

They have no confidence in Moore?! He may throw some picks but he has moved the team in Pre-season, The last couple of starts that he had 2 years ago, and when he came in against Philly. Moore will get the team to the red zone.

Just Wild-CAT!! the rest of the season!! Both Jstew and Dwill in the back field!! It would be the devil's football!!:eek:

Archived