• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Seahawks Fans Are Saying - Playoff Edition

Jeremy Igo

I can remember when I was a freshman back in 2013, Mooresville area (not too far from charlotte) and there was a point where there were more fair weathers fugs wearing Hawk gear then people wearing panther gear proudly. Then we went on our winning streak and finally their 'fans' would stop coming up to me and telling me how my team "sucks". We did get eliminated in the playoffs but it was satisfying to feel winning again at the time. I'm a junior now and I have been telling those same people (a few of them havent worn any hawk gear since the past few weeks) all week to wait until Monday... they aren't gonna here the end of it from me.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, WeAre12 said:

Really? Jimi Hendrix, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Dave Mathews, Foo Fighters, Heart, Macklemore, Robert Cray, Quincy Jones, just to name a few. Wouldn't it just be easier just to say you don't like music? Bringing up these ridiculous things about Seattle and its fans just makes you like a bunch of jealous 13-year-old girls gossiping about each other in the grade school cafeteria. This has nothing to do with Seattle's or Carolina's teams. It's about the players and this is shaping up to be a great game. Why spoil it with chicken-shyt stuff like this.

I know this post isn't about football but this 'fan' can't seem to think for himself anyway.

How the hell is he claiming Dave Matthews?? Can't even spell it right. Matthews was born in South Africa. The band came together in Charlottesville, VA. I mean, if you're going to brag do it right.

13 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

I know this post isn't about football but this 'fan' can't seem to think for himself anyway.

How the hell is he claiming Dave Matthews?? Can't even spell it right. Matthews was born in South Africa. The band came together in Charlottesville, VA. I mean, if you're going to brag do it right.

Dave lives in Seattle now and has for a long time, so some people from the area are claiming DMB as a Seattle group, but IMO South Africa or South Carolina or South Dakota can have him (and bring Macklemore), DMB sucks!

We can claim Allen Stone, who is from Eastern WA, and Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, Odesza, Presidents of the USA, Queensryche, and Sir Mix A Lot. I will definitely give it up for the Seattle music scene, we have it pretty good

The problem with all the historical trends and DVOA stats is that they are meaningless untill after the fact and have nothing to do with this game. Football is a matchup sport and all that matters is how we play heads up with Seattle this Sunday. All of the myriad of comparisons are fun to read if your team shows up on the positive side of the equation but totally irrelevant to this game. It is totally who plays better on Sunday, nothing more or less. Just like how Seattle played against Minnesota is totally irrelevant to the game on Sunday or that the Panthers have the longest home win streak in the NFL at 14 games. 

The difference on Sunday will be how the quarterbacks play on Sunday plain and simple. They will tell the tale. All the other noise is really for the talking heads and casual fans.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, 15 said:

Jackie Mills made the decision as our equipment manager. He chose to wear white due to our success in the playoffs wearing white verses our success wearing black. I don't really like the supertitious thinking behind this, because I believe we will be forced to wear black in the superbowl which may come back to bite us or be in our heads. Kinda silly. 

I think the AFC will be the home team in the Super Bowl. So, if we make it, I'd expect the AFC to wear their color and we would continue to wear white.