• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Seahawks Fans Are Saying - Playoff Edition

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Well, Seattle D is about as good as it gets so some of the mismatches we will look for have more to do with us than you....but we have struggled doing that as effectively vs Seattle.  Another game will be interesting to see how much of it was Quinn.

Cam is a mismatch in general so as always, we will rely on the mismatche he simply presents to every single opposing D.   I think there is a realistic argument he is the biggest matchup issue in the NFL by virtue of his ability and the fact Carolina/Cam show no fear in deploying him.

The obvious in terms of Seattle has been the consistent issues that have popped up all season long with teams making more key plays with the TE in years past.  I know after the last meeting Hawks tried to downplay it as a simple blown coverage but I would argue it was a blown coverage b/c they often have struggled with that position.  Saw it last week in crunch time.  2 plays to the TE late set up the Vikings to win.

as far as when we are on defense...every Seattle game IMO our defense has had huge opportunities.  We have failed.  But they are always there.  Sometimes it gets refered to as Wilson being lucky....but really it is Carolina failing to capitalize when they force Seattle into plays they should be a negative that for whatever reason we simply don't finish on.   I think Seattle probably feels the same way in that they can get Cam to make a mistake and historically they capitalize.

I would say this season has been different in that Carolina has capitalized on those plays probably more so than any team in the NFL....and our turnover ratio should make that pretty apparent.

Seattle was forced by RB injuries to shift what they do but overall I think both matchup well and are a tough out for each other.  Games usually come down to a handful of obvious plays that determine them.  

I expect another tough game.  I think Carolina comes into this one at different confidence level than any other meeting...and they should 

Seattle D played 7 games against teams whose offenses were ranked in the top half of the league....and gave up 28.5 pts per game to them.  

They played 6 games against the 4 lowest ranked offenses plus 2 teams led by Jimmy Clausen (the teams that Clausen led avg'd 10 pts a game with him at QB)...they gave up 15 pts per game to these teams.

sorry....but they are NOT that dominant this year.  They stat padded against the absolute worst offenses in the league.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, IGSaint said:

My point is that how many Panthers fans do you see on the Seahawks forum? Probably not many but You Seahawks fans have fugging flooded our board with your dumbassery. 

I signed up for their board a week ago but they never let me in. Unlike our board they keep any opposing views away so they can all circle jerk without interference.

• Pie 4

9 minutes ago, seahawks12thman said:

I'll answer in order:

The Seahawks never abandon the run. They had 36 straight games of rushing over 100 yards (including the Panther) till the streak was snapped by the Rams. I can't speak to the running game on Sunday because I don't know who is starting..

The Panther will have success if they can protect Cam. Cover 2 one safety high smothers receivers but leaves tight ends running intermediate routes open if Cam can get in the pocket. Olsen is one of the best so putting pressure on Cam will be paramount. They are the best in the NFL so I am confident.

Jonathan Stewart had 78 yards rushing with a 3.9 average against us last time. Has he ever ran over 100 yards against us? Cam had 30. Not sure where you got that???

Doug Baldwin wont even be matched up with Gordon since he plays the slot. 

Jeremy Lane has been Shut down and quite frankly none of your receivers (with the exception of Olsen) are that impressive. 

JStew had 78 yards. Yes. But Cam had 30. The zone read is them working in tandem. Last year in the playoffs, which we all know we lost, JStew had 70 and Cam had 37. Very similar numbers.

The difference being, while you guys like to claim that your team is so much better than when we played last, the same applies to us. The last time that JStew played this year he got 75 yards. Now the immediate reaction might be...that's right in line with the other games so how is that better?

Good question...it was on 10 carries. Think about that. I'll wait. JStew is a beast and is from the area up there in college. You guys should be aware...afraid. The rapport that he and Cam have in read option is otherworldly and has only gotten better since we last played. There is no logical reason to think that this tandem won't be dominant in the upcoming game.

Combine that with your lack of a running game and I don't see how this game isn't a blowout. But I guess we'll see.

2 hours ago, seahawks12thman said:

I'll answer in order:

The Seahawks never abandon the run. They had 36 straight games of rushing over 100 yards (including the Panther) till the streak was snapped by the Rams. I can't speak to the running game on Sunday because I don't know who is starting..

The Panther will have success if they can protect Cam. Cover 2 one safety high smothers receivers but leaves tight ends running intermediate routes open if Cam can get in the pocket. Olsen is one of the best so putting pressure on Cam will be paramount. They are the best in the NFL so I am confident.

Jonathan Stewart had 78 yards rushing with a 3.9 average against us last time. Has he ever ran over 100 yards against us? Cam had 30. Not sure where you got that???

Jeremy Lane has been Shut down and quite frankly none of your receivers (with the exception of Olsen) are that impressive. 

That run of games with at least 100 rushing yards that you had? We had the same streak going that you did. The difference is that we are still on that streak, which is a current NFL record if I recall correctly.

-

Also, did you know there's only one team that has had a game against Seattle with 4 80+ yard TD drives since some time before 2012. Can you guess who that was?

Our receivers may not be that impressive in your opinion, they were good enough to do  that to you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dymUtuAVeW8

Also, Seattle fans seem to like ignoring the first half of the season for some reason when looking at the strength of their own team, if you do the same for Cam and his pass game it looks a hell of a lot better. Which makes sense considering the growth of the receivers and the developed understanding between them and Cam.

Edited by aussiePanther
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, seahawks12thman said:

I'll answer in order:

If I had wanted to read anything as stupid and non-informative, I would have asked my 11 yo son to explain experimental physics to me.

His understanding of physics is on par with your understanding of the Panthers and football in general.

8 hours ago, seahawks12thman said:

Are you suppose to be a tough guy? You and I know you would say none of these things if we were face to face so please don't pretend to be tough, your not. Running your mouth on the other side of the computer just makes you look like a pussy. 

I have a terrible habit....When I see a brain dead fuging moron, I call them a brain dead fuging moron.  And you sir, are a brain dead fuging moron.

And, you can be rest assured that I damn sure would say it to your face.......You would cower in the corner and piss your pants

Edited by MadHatter

11 hours ago, MadHatter said:

Seattle D played 7 games against teams whose offenses were ranked in the top half of the league....and gave up 28.5 pts per game to them.  

They played 6 games against the 4 lowest ranked offenses plus 2 teams led by Jimmy Clausen (the teams that Clausen led avg'd 10 pts a game with him at QB)...they gave up 15 pts per game to these teams.

sorry....but they are NOT that dominant this year.  They stat padded against the absolute worst offenses in the league.

I don't think they are as good as prior season which is why I pointed out the consistent issues that have shown on their D all year....and did last week.

but they are still good.  They also by default force us into a certain attack on offense. 

9 hours ago, seahawks12thman said:

I'll answer in order:

Can't really define Stewart by looking at his ypc.  He was critical in the win earlier in the year.  3-4 steady yards is crucial.  

Jeremy Lane has been shutdown....but you have to keep in mind the horrific QBs that Seattle has played.  Your prior CB would have shown better QB play as well if he had stayed for that stretch by default of who those QBs were.

you don't have to be impressed with our WRs....but you gotta see how that comment is a little funny coming from Seattle fans. I mean, Ginn and company of late have been about as impressive as the Seattle corps of late.....and we of course have Olsen 

On 1/12/2016 at 1:16 PM, Beast Mode said:

"Anyways, white is the traditional playoff color for Carolina and was worn on some of their most impressive playoff wins. But I don't expect newcomers to the NFL to know that. "

I'll be the first to admit the insurgence of "12's" is very annoying (sidenote I hate that term as a whole, but thats another thread for another day) .. but this is kind of ridiculous.  lol.  I'm a pretty knowledgeable NFL fan and I had no idea the Panthers had a traditional playoff color.. further, weren't most of your bigger playoff wins on the road?  The magazine cover shows the NFC CG where you beat the Eagles in Philly.. of course they'd be in white.  

Saying "lol they don't know our unis are white in the playoffs!" is akin to me going "Russell Wilson hasn't lost by more than 10 points in his career" .. its a fun stat thats 1) meaningless to the game and 2) only really talked about by that fan base. 

The Greg Hardy thing though... man... not a good look.  There was another poster that asked what needed to happen for the Seahawks to host a home playoff game as the 6 seed too.  That one was also fun. 

We also wore white in the Cowboys playoff game at home to make them wear there ugly unis. Only time we didn't was the Jake meltdown to AZ. 

• Pie 1