• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Seahawks Fans Are Saying - Playoff Edition

Jeremy Igo

I assume this has already been posted in this thread, but I'm posting it again:

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman has been one of the most candid players in expressing his opinions on issues of health and safety, race, economics and other topics central to life in the NFL.

And as his team gears up to face the Panthers in the divisional round of the playoffs Sunday, Sherman expressed support for Carolina quarterback Cam Newton, who has been criticized for his on-field celebrations, including dancing after big plays.

“No,” Sherman said Wednesday at the team’s facility when asked if Newton’s celebrations have bothered him. “You get to the end zone, in an NFL game, you get the right to celebrate. You’ve worked hard. You’re a professional athlete. If you don’t get a chance to celebrate in the pros, when do you get a chance to celebrate? When do you get to show what you can do – to enjoy yourself?

“This is a game. Some people who have never played it, who have never expressed passion, sit behind desks all day and do that. Maybe you celebrate sometimes when you do something great, and nobody judges you, because nobody is watching. As you’re watching him, enjoy it, because he is enjoying it. He can enjoy his craft. If he wants to celebrate, that’s fine.”

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, SeahawkDude said:

RW is all class. He would never say that he himself deserved the MVP, even if he thought he did.

Newton on the other hand,....

cam88_zpsfcayv4hr.gif

He would be more likely to say some dumbshit about God being the reason he did not win it. Wilson's phony bs gets old much quicker than an athlete having fun. I assume Richard Sherman's schtick wears on you as well.

1 minute ago, csx said:

He would be more likely to say some dumbshit about God being the reason he did not win it. Wilson's phony bs gets old much quicker than an athlete having fun. I assume Richard Sherman's schtick wears on you as well.

Not at all. There's a difference on how a QB and a CB should carry themselves on the field. QBs shouldn't be blowing their own horn and pretending to be Superman, while a CB wants to portray himself as a shutdown corner and intimidate the receiver into thinking he doesn't stand a chance. Sherman backs up everything he says, .....for the most part.

5 hours ago, MadHatter said:

Seahawk Logic:

Don't  put stock on the earlier game this year...because you lost.

but, the games before that where you won (years ago)...they are completely relevant.

i swear...seahawk's fans are undoubtedly the most ignorant fuging people walking the face of the earth.

My post was meant to be somewhat humorous, but I imagine 20 years of Panther frustration has sucked any joy right out you.

7 minutes ago, SeahawkDude said:

Not at all. There's a difference on how a QB and a CB should carry themselves on the field. QBs shouldn't be blowing their own horn and pretending to be Superman, while a CB wants to portray himself as a shutdown corner and intimidate the receiver into thinking he doesn't stand a chance. Sherman backs up everything he says, .....for the most part.

It's funny that you admitted exactly what I was fishing for with that. 

18 minutes ago, SeahawkDude said:

Well Cam is pretty blunt...he doesn't give a poo if you think or NFL history thinks a QB should act like a robot. 

He he isn't going to put on an "act". He is just going to be himself.   Funniest part is overall people are against that.  Prenteding to be someone he isn't for cameras is essentially what many argue would be the right thing....which frankly at the root of it is ridiculously.

You should edit your post and make the distinction that YOU think a NFL QB should put on an act and pretend to fit textbook definition that was written years and years ago.

you should read this 

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2016/01/cam_newton_of_the_carolina_panthers_has_stretched_the_sports_world_s_racial.html

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well Cam is pretty blunt...he doesn't give a poo if you think or NFL history thinks a QB should act like a robot. 

He he isn't going to put on an "act". He is just going to be himself.   Funniest part is overall people are against that.  Prenteding to be someone he isn't for cameras is essentially what many argue would be the right thing....which frankly at the root of it is ridiculously.

You should edit your post and make the distinction that YOU think a NFL QB should put on an act and pretend to fit textbook definition that was written years and years ago.

you should read this 

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2016/01/cam_newton_of_the_carolina_panthers_has_stretched_the_sports_world_s_racial.html

Thanks for the link, but the whole "Cam haters are racists" line doesn't work. If you haven't noticed, Russell Wilson is black and no one has an unkind thing to say about him. Why do you think that is? Well I'll tell you. It's because he doesn't act like a douche on the field.

1 minute ago, SeahawkDude said:

Thanks for the link, but the whole "Cam haters are racists" line doesn't work. If you haven't noticed, Russell Wilson is black and no one has an unkind thing to say about him. Why do you think that is? Well I'll tell you. It's because he doesn't act like a douche on the field.

He just acts like one off it

• Pie 2

A lot of people do not like Russel Wilson. I grew up a State fan. I loved him there. I pulled for him at Wisconsin. I was happy to see him become the starter in Seattle. 

Then he became popular and we started to see him everywhere and learned what a phony liar he is.

7 minutes ago, SeahawkDude said:

Nothing in life is 100% black or white.  They aren't all racist but it is a component of it for many.

did you read the article? B/c it basically addresses your question.

Russell Wilson outside of the fact he has mobile play style ....fits into the stereotypical QB box probably better than a lot of current white QBs. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Nothing in life is 100% black or white.  They aren't all racist but it is a component of it for many.

did you read the article? B/c it basically addresses your question.

Russell Wilson outside of the fact he has mobile play style ....fits into the stereotypical QB box probably better than a lot of current white QBs. 

Got halfway through and felt nauseous. I don't like to be lectured and told I'm a racist. 

52 minutes ago, SeahawkDude said:

My post was meant to be somewhat humorous, but I imagine 20 years of Panther frustration has sucked any joy right out you.

You are pathetic and laughable.

first, you may have tried for humorous, but you actually accomplished  lookingblike a racist douche.

and it is priceless hearing a Seahawks fan talk about years of sucking...you and the Bucs set the NFL standard for decades of complete and pathetic sucking.  You were not even relevant in the league for over 30 years.

Edited by MadHatter